So.....If you get home delivery, how do you activate your phone under your account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegeta-san, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Considering that the iPhone 4 uses a Micro-SIM and all of us using prior iPhones have full SIM cards, we're not going to be able to just pop them into the phone, plug the phone into iTunes and have it automatically activate (on our accounts). So how do we do that then? I have a FAN account that I'd most definitely NOT want tampered with in any way and I just thought about this possible problem. Could anyone alleviate my concern? Thanks.

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I never understood why people always swap sims when getting new iPhones. Just plug the new phone into itunes and specify which number it should have. Throw away your old sim if you sell the old phone.

3. Dan in PA macrumors regular

To be fair, my 3G was taking hours to activate at home. I finally put a different (old) sim in it and it worked perfectly.

4. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I guess that makes sense, I remember people having issues activating on launch day. Hopefully these problems will have been worked out by now and AT&T will be ready for the onslaught.