So iLounge got 8.5 hours on wifi, any idea as to settings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgrrsh26, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The iLounge report states they got 8.5 hours of wifi usage. Does anyone have any idea what settings they had? It could play a big role.

I'm testing out my phone for nonstop wifi usage. According to iLounge we should get 5 mins per 1% of battery..

I don't think I'm getting anywhere near that even with minimal options.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Doing what on WiFi? Just connected, or screen on browsing Web sites for 8.5 hours?

Depending on what you're doing, I could see being attached to WiFi giving more battery life than not being attached (e.g. if you have push email in a weak cell area, the cell connection might consume more power than wifi)

3. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-iphone-4s-16gb-32gb-64gb/P5

They didn't give too much info

All I know is they stated that they got six hours on 3G and I only get three hours. Then again I'm in a bad area at work so that could contribute to the drain.

So instead I'm testing wifi. But as I stated by their results you would need to get about 5 mins out of 1%. With minimalistic settings I'm getting about 3.5-4 mins per percent.

But, if they are getting 8 hours with max brightness, cloud, etc then my battery is really not that great.