All iPads So im looking on ebay for iPad airs,and this came up;does anyone think this is legit?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gc15, Jul 26, 2014.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

The auction has now ended, and I would say a scam.

3. gc15 thread starter macrumors regular

i agree, there is no way that could have been true unless it was a mistake, but who knows.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If it sounds too good to be true then it generally is.

I'd follow my gut instinct , which yours must have been alerted hence your post here.

5. chupachup macrumors 6502

6. Primejimbo, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Look at the horror story's on this site alone about eBay and the activation lock. If you want to save some money, go on Apple's site and look at the refurbished store. You may pay a few extra bucks, but you won't have that issue.

Just one recently
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1753162

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

You can get great deals on Ebay that are legit. You just have to pick electronics vendors with a high rating and hassle free return policy. A couple weeks ago one vendor was selling brand new 32GB rMini's for the same price Apple was selling their refurbs. Another vendor was selling 16GB Air's both colors factory new for $415 with free shipping.

When you deal with individual sellers especially the too good to be true price you are asking for trouble or those vendors that say pay me now and i'll ship it later and use the excuse they've been burned before. Those are definitely buyer beware.

8. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I use eBay a lot. I sell most of my used Apple products there but I never buy Apple devices from eBay, I always buy directly from Apple.
    I am amazed at the number of scams that are on eBay. I mean what's the point? Even if you pay the money PayPal has to give it back to you when you don't receive the item. I guess that thieves may have found a way to scam PayPal and that's what they are attempting to do?
    And, I have also heard of empty boxes being delivered, which is another horror story in which the buyer some times loosing.

9. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, whenever I see a thread starting do you think this is legit, it usually isn't when it comes to ebay stuff.