So I'm selling my iPhone on craigslist...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forza69, Sep 8, 2013.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

It's a white 32GB iPhone 4S. It's on AT&T but I can easily unlock it if I want to. I put it up for $350 but I have a guy that wants to buy it for $280. Is that a good price or should I wait for someone else? Thoughts?

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

I sold mine on eBay for $400. Shipping and eBay/PayPal fees, I ended up getting $380 for the exact phone as yours (with the original box, usb cable, ac adapter).

On Craigslist, people will want to buy Apple products cheap and sell Apple products high. On eBay someone will always buy something, you just need to find/wait for the right person.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you want to wait that's fine, but remember the iPhone 4s certainly isn't going to go up value in the next few days.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

eBay is much too easy to get scammed for my tastes. Just go and google "eBay iPhone Scam" and see all the results.

Hell, I could go on there right now and scam someone for their iPhone if I really wanted to. I've read countless stories of people sending their iPhone to the purchaser, then the purchaser takes the phone, tells PayPal there was nothing in the package to begin with or worse yet, simply sends back a box of books, and gets a PayPal refund of the purchase price. From what I've read PayPal almost always sides with person purchasing the product (in this case the scam artist) the same way my Credit Card Company will be on my side if I tell them I didn't get an item I paid for.

5. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Yeah I've never been a fan of ebay. I think I'll just go with this guy, I doubt I'll be getting any more.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I disagree. My experience has been to sell high. They don't like the price, I have others in the email inbox waiting.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Craigslist is all about low ballets. That being said, $280 for a 4S is a pretty good price IMO..

8. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

I also forgot to mention that it has some noticeable scuffs around the bezel from being in a case, and the home button needs to be pressed twice sometimes. Both of which I mentioned in the ad.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Take the $280 then. After Tuesday you'll be lucky to see that, I think.

10. tomtanojevic macrumors member

11. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Sure
    I put unlocked to see if I could get more and because I can easily unlock it if requested. At this time it's still locked to AT&T.

12. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Just bought the 4S 32GB mint cond few days old, factory unlocked, white, for 370$.

13. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

After tomorrow, don't expect the value to go up. If your gut says yes, go for it.

14. davey0 macrumors member

This is what happened to me. The person received my phone (was just replace by Apple, so it was in new condition), claimed that it was broken, complained to PayPal, and sent back a broken iPhone. The guy even had the nerve to leave me negative feedback!

15. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I'd counter him back with $320. Thats a very fair price. I wouldn'g go below $300 for a 32 GB 4S. Just be patient, you'll find a buyer.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

Probably should go ahead and take it. You'll be lucky to get that same offer after tomorrow when Craigslist is flooded with iPhone 4S.