So, iPhone Media Event to be announced soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMcCoy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

If I remember correctly, it was the end of July last year when we got details of the date of the iPhone media event for September 2012..

So, if Apple are planning a release of the 5S in September, we should start getting ripples of a launch event pretty soon?

Alternatively, if we hear nothing over the next 2 weeks, does that push us into expecting an October release?

We don't even have any event rumours yet... nothing even from Dalrymple!

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

If by "soon" you mean a couple of weeks, I'd say sure. I'm looking for a late August or early September event.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Which means nobody here knows any better than you.

Any estimates are blind guesses and as useful as any blind guess you can make...;)

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This did NOT happen.

Your entire premise is wrong.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

This in itself is a rumor, so a rumor depending on a rumor is just impractical. Since the next event "should" include new Mac refreshes, probably a final release date, if not the actual release, of Mavericks and iOS 7, along with the 5S announcement, and probably the new Mac Pro details, I dont think anything too soon is possible. I would think at earliest the event could be the last week of August, but Im feeling mid/late September or early October is more realistic for the announcement. Mid/late October I see as the release dates for most of the products, which is no shock since it has usually been October in previous years.

But again, this is my opinion based on a rumor, so its factuality is definitely nonexistent at this point. Its just my 2 cents on the matter :p

6. BMcCoy thread starter macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

Actually, a quick search of MacRumors shows that THIS DID HAPPEN..

:)

July 30th, confirmations of an event on September 12th.

So I'm afraid I am correct, and you are wrong.

----------

So that was 44 days of anticipation last year.

However, in 2011, we got Dalrymple's "yep" on September 21st, for an October 4th iPhone event - just 13 days.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Those are RUMORs of the details of the event. Not confirmation.

The Sept 12 iPhone 5 media event was confirmed on Sept 4.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/04/apple-issues-invitations-for-media-event-on-september-12/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. BMcCoy thread starter macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

I didn't ask when Apple officially announced the event by issuing invitations... I was talking about when sufficiently trustworthy sources all unanimously agreed on the date, from sources and no doubt controlled leaks.

If you can show me an occasion when a Dalrymple "yep" has not come to fruition, I'll concede.

Until then, drop it, and let's move on.

..So, still too difficult to gauge a release date from this.. given the timelines from 2012 and from 2011. hmmm.... What about employee holiday blackouts.. any news on this from Apple store staff?