So is green camera spots another "suck it up" issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stonyboys, Nov 10, 2012.

1. stonyboys, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

stonyboys macrumors 6502

I've searched and I'm reading conflicting reports. Some say this is another permanant issue with all iP5s, and that we should suck it up just like with the purple lens flair. But others say its a defective camera. What's the final word?

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Is it an issue for you? I have shot tons of pics/videos and have never noticed the issue. This is also the first I'm hearing about green spots.

Either way what can you do about it? IF you have the issue return your phone and move on to another device. IF it can be fixed folks with the issue will have to wait for an update. Of course it's widely known it's an issue on most smart phone cameras. Maybe limit the pictures you take with the lens pointed at bright lights, that should help.

3. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

^That's what I'm trying to find out, I've been reading posts saying its a hardware issue, its a general iP5 issue, its a software issue, but seems like no one is sure.

Try your front camera, do you get the green light glare? I get it front and back but much more visible on the front. Also the light bulb needs to be naked and direct, not covered by a shade or anything.

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No green blobs but taking a picture of myself with the front camera reminded me that I need to drop #10, thanks a lot.

Are you taking pics of light bulbs to duplicate this? Stop doing that and your issue should be solved.

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Something like a smartphone is a series of compromises. It does not do any one thing extremely well. Look how small the camera is. It's a wonder it takes pictures as good as it does. The screen is too small for web browsing, the 'phone' part of the thing is not a very good phone, it's lousy for gaming, etc., etc. The one thing it seems to excel at is being an iPod.

Anyway, I'm certainly not one to make excuses for the iPhone 5, but I think people's expectations of the quality of the individual components of a smartphone are way, way too hyped up.

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

I have no idea what this issue is. Can you show me some examples?

7. intofx macrumors regular

Why are u taking pics of light bulbs? Do you do this often?

Why are people taking pictures of light sources just to complain about a freakn Camera on a Cell Phone!?

Take a pic of people and landscapes do you have this problem? If not stop bitching. If you want to take pics of the sun, lens flares and light bulbs buy a Canon or Nikon and some filters and shoot away. These complaints are getting stupid:rolleyes:

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

arent there already 7 threads on this?? its a common thing that happens when you film towards a bright light source. depending on how the lens is designed can determine its severity. it happens on all types of cameras.