So is this all I need to play music through my car stereo (Satechi)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by donato, Jun 24, 2009.

1. donato Suspended

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

i'm interested too

with a personal experiences since I am in the same situation. I'm guessing it's not perfect. but this vs buying a new radio! there commercial demo is scary! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPiAq2H0aE

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I liked this so much from the video of it on youtube I ordered one. I just tested it today. The audio quality is superb and it paired/played w/o any problems during the quick setup.

I did a test call to my own voicemail and the playback from that wasn't very good—I'll test it again tomorrow—with another person.

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

how does this work?

i have a cd player/tape/radio combo stereo in my car will this work?

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Yes. Now I think it's ideal to have a direct line in, like an aux cable, but for those of us that don't have that option this works great. It connects via bluetooth and broadcasts to your radio.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

One FYI

I found a Bluetooth version by motorola as well! MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth FM transmitter

youtube info there are more lol youtube link

After doing some looking and thinking I might go the Motorola route the main reason for me well 1 the name 2nd it has it's own battery so no running it of the cigarette lighter. which I can use to charge the Iphone. I am sure it's not perfect but the closest option my car audio store has come up with is $300 bucks. I found the T505 about $60 new.

8. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I think your car's FM antenna location matters. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe with FM antenna located in the rear on the top of the roof. These FM transmitters don't work very well in my car. So be sure you know where your cars FM antenna is located as if it is too far away from the FM source it may not work very well (they are low power due to FCC restrictions).

Basil

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

The Satechi has a USB port that you can use to charge the iPhone. Works great.

Also, a rep called me today to point out something that should be obvious (but wasn't)... I had the volume turned down for the Bluetooth call connection. This thing works great.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

bummer

too late I ordered the Motorola and it's already shipped hopefully I won't regret it. love to find somebody in Michigan to compare the two,, and my antenna is in the front. but that is what I have been reading too. I will let you guys know how it works out!

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

That one looks good, too. Please post how you like it when you try it out!

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

anyone know of something like this that plays through the aux port, but connects to the phone with bluetooth?

13. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco