So it turns out there were ALOT of leaks...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vitog123, Oct 7, 2011.

1. vitog123 macrumors 6502

I think everyone wrote off the N94 leaks as the cheap phone and expected the iphone 5.

Most people thought that because Apple was able to keep the ipad 2 specs and parts on lock-down that they were doing the same with the iphone 5.

Is anyone surprised at just how many references there were to the n94 device and the parts that leaked out? Its almost as if Apple didnt put much effort into keeping them hidden because they were so similar to the ip4 parts (aside from a few internals)

2. DonkiestOfKongs macrumors newbie

You made me think of an interesting point. Maybe by allowing stuff to leak out steadily and often, they were trying to discourage rumors of a redesigned iPhone?

3. LagFighter macrumors regular

I figure the same thing. The introduction of 4S was pretty low key, so having a few controlled leaks wasn't a huge deal. If anything, it was a great distraction from a possible iPhone redesign (AKA, the leaked prototype that was supposedly found in a bar this year).

4. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

They were able to hide the prototype right under everyone's noses because externally it is identical to the older model. Everyone was looking for the redesigned one that they didn't even notice it.

5. vitog123 thread starter macrumors 6502

hopefully the leaks keep coming for the next gen phone.

6. HopHead927 macrumors member

It also explains the lack of discussion regarding the prototype lost in a bar, as whoever found it just assumed it was a normal 4.

7. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Yet it hardly discouraged anyone. On the contrary, people started coming up with even weirder, crazier and more intensive rumors like "iPhone 5 in iPhone 4 body", "Apple are much smarter than we think", etc, etc, etc. But one thing we refused to dismiss is existence of iPhone 5, not just till the last day, but till the last second when iPhone 4S was finally announced by Phil but we still hoped iPhone 5 would be that One More Thing. Pretty funny if you ask me. :D

8. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Technically that turned out to be true. The specs in the 4s are what would have been inside of the 5. LTE and NFC are not ready for primetime yet.

9. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

NFC is working fine with my wife's BB.... I think it's ready..

James

10. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Heh, I knew the second I posted that I was opening myself up to "OTHER PHONES HAVE THIS" posts.

My point was that Apple has a history of waiting to implement new tech into their devices until it is fairly mature. 3G being a recent example.

Redesigned handset or not, I don't believe LTE or NFC were ever going to be in this iteration of the phone.