So it's now September no IOS5 no new Ipod and Iphone yet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Sep 3, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Call me impatient but what happened to all those rumours about a press conference right about now? but nothing. :eek:

2. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

im calling you impatient

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is interesting how people will turn on a dime...
    BEFORE a product release we hear about how long it is taking, what's the hold up, blah, blah, blah
    AFTER a product release we hear about how it was rushed to market without enough testing just to grab $$

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It will happen when Apple's ready and nothing else will influence them. They've got all the money already. There's no rush. The longer they let it go the more attention they get. It's win/win no matter what.

5. brendu macrumors 68020

I am happy to wait until iOS5 is completely ready.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Last time I checked a calendar September had 30 days. I also do not recall a time when Apple gave a release month and they did so on the very first day of that month. Typically when they give a month out it's toward the middle or, usually, end of the month. Do yourself a favor and do not expect it until Sep 30, then you won't be further disappointed.

7. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

iOS 5.0 still hasn't had a GM yet. This version 7 fixed most of the issues I was having. I'm still predicting an October release.

8. paulcdb macrumors regular

It's barely the 3rd and your complaining.

People really need to learn to search, then go find the roadmaps for the last 4 beta release.

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

chill. it will come or it won't come, this month, but not on labor day weekend.

10. Skika macrumors 68030

Are you implying that rumors may have not been accurate?

What a shock eh?

11. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Please re-read your sentence above and note my highlighting. There's your answer. :eek:

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Apple said Fall for ios5... Thats not until sept 22, and they have until nearly christmas. You dont want it released yet anyway major issues still.

As for the rest...

Rumor

-noun
    a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war.

gossip; hearsay: Don't listen to rumor.

Archaic. a continuous, confused noise; clamor; din.

13. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

14. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Manufacturers typically project releases by seasons and every time that happens it's necessary to point out the actual dates of a season. As you imply, "fall" doesn't begin until September 22 and lasts until December 21. If it ain't here by New Year's, it's time to complain.

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Expect a media event last week of this month first week of Oct, with a simultaneous release of ios5 and iphone5 on Oct 6th.

16. sagimac macrumors newbie

impatient. I suggest you ease up counting the days until you get the next latest and greatest from apple and gain some perspective. I'll never get way threads like these consistently appear on any forum such as this only three days into the month. oh, right, impatience.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Lets hope so

can't wait for IOS 5

18. Jesusrobles115 macrumors newbie

Objectivity is a virtue. Yes, IOS 5 wil be amazing... when it get's here. Objectively speaking, 15 months for a new IOS release is a bit of a shaft for the consumer, specially at the pace technology is increasing. Some here say that fall can mean 12/21. Being Objective, as much as I love apple, waiting 18 months for a new release, or even 15 is just a bit crazy. This new os better be revolutionary and not just evolutionary. Being objective, they can not simply recycle the same os icons, sounds, UI and expect that because it's shuffled around along with some widgets, it's brand spanking new.

19. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Apparently its a virtue you lack.

Fall doesn't change to winter until 12/21, that is not whimsical anonymous forum opinion.

Many people are already running iOS5, Apple already publicly demoed how they have evolved the OS. It is after all version 5.0... No mystery or surprise there.

Changing a perfectly functioning UI, and whimsically, randomizing UI element artwork such as icons would only disorient and frustrate users.

I think the hype is going to your head...

20. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Apple is taking so long because they don't want the reviewers to point out how many "features" android or Phone7 has that they copied or worse yet don't have. With Apple suing for look & feel they have to make sure their take on all those features are original and "better", lest they be sued themselves now.

21. swedefish macrumors 6502

I'm getting impatient as well... mainly because I have been spending a lot of time on my iPad lately and I desperately covet that split on-screen keyboard. :eek:

22. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Not everyone is a developer and for people like me, we don't cheat to use iOS5.

23. shandyman Suspended

GM won't come before the announcement event anyway.

24. solowmodel macrumors 6502

Agree that it's only the beginning of September, but hoping for a release sooner rather than later!

25. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Whatch the Keynote, it's all over the place publicly available. New features are no mystery.

Good for you?
    You don't have to 'cheat' to see the new features, the June WDCC keynote is publicly available, it shows all the features. Nothing is a mystery.