So lets say I want to switch an 8gb for 16gb...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jpk32092, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Are there any restrictions? I know I would need to pay the restocking fee, but would I get turned away because I've already used the iPhone for x amount of time, etc? Thanks!

2. Amblinman macrumors regular

You have 30 days to return or exchange your phone. I don't think they're applying restocking fees this time around, but I could be wrong.

3. iPaul macrumors regular

If you bought it Apple, the return period is 14 days. But they are not making you pay a restocking fee because they made you open the box in the store.

4. Lougle macrumors member

Here's a question.

Let's say a 32GB iPhone comes out in December. Will I be able to buy that unit at a subsidized price or will I not be eligible because I already have a iPhone 3G and used my upgrade?

5. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

What if we got the phone at an AT&T store? Is there a restocking fee?

6. jpk32092 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies, one more thing. If I bought it at AT&T, can I return it at Apple? Apple has the iPhones in but AT&T doesn't, which is why I want to do this.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They may have an "upgrade early" program, which will probably be the unsubsidized price, and a your contract starting over again.

8. Amblinman macrumors regular

I think this is incorrect. I think it's 30 days regardless of where you purchase it.

9. iPaul macrumors regular

I know you have 30 days to cancel your AT&T service without an ETF, but the manager at the Apple Store said there was a 14 day return period