So many more rumors/leaks this year...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Want300, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I know a lot of us have been saying how weird it is that we are getting a lot more rumors and leaks this year about the new iPhone than ever before.

On the Macstories "iPhone 5" roundup page (similar to the new MacRumors Page), they posted this right before the Headphones Section:

"...when Gizmodo got a hold of the iPhone 4 before its launch date, journalists had a confirmed real phone in hand and we knew less about how it was put together than we do about the next iPhone today thanks to supplier leaks."

Source:
    http://www.macstories.net/roundups/iphone-5-the-rumors/

So much for doubling down on secrecy... You would think after making that comment that they would at least keep the amount of leaks and rumors to the level of the past iPhones.

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The 5 was in development quite a bit before Tim made that comment. It's likely a reference to future releases as there was nothing he could do at that point.

3. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

True... but I still thought it was interesting to see a Rumors Site point that out as well... Not just in our discussions in the forums.

4. taedouni macrumors 65816

It's hard to keep things a secret when you ramp up production. The iPhone is sold on various carriers and is launched in more countries. He's an industrial engineer. He knows how to mass produce things in order to maximize profit.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It's amazing how the closer we get to the announcement the less people use the search function.

As has been said in every other identical thread to this... Cook and Company are powerless when it comes to China. They can say anything they want and threaten the workers as much as possible, but, when someone is offering the equivalent of a few years salary for sneaking out something, there will be leaks.

What they can (and have) stopped leaks against is anything regarding software, R&D, any of the testing devices, and any put together working devices.

As it stands, while plenty of parts have made it out of the factories, we have no reports of what processor, how much RAM or storage, or what type of camera will be used.

6. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

I was posting what I found on MacStories, I hadn't seen any of the sites comment on it (not saying they haven't, just saying I havent seen them comment on it until now).

7. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

Just a random thought I've had and not sure if I believe it COULD be true or not, but what if Apple was intentionally leaking all of these parts? I don't remember there being as much rumor/leaks about the iPhone 4 even before the whole Engadget fiasco but maybe it's just me.

8. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Excellent point

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Why would they do that?

The extra leaks are just a byproduct of having more suppliers and longer production ramp-ups.

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

As they say, "Actions Speak Louder Than Words".

Apples actions prove they are extremely afraid of Samsung & Android.

Therefore I'm convinced that in order to draw attention away from Apples legal assault on Samsung, they've orchestrated these many leaks.

Then just because they know their ardent followers hang on every word of Apples CEO, he made that attention getting "double down" proclamation.

Nothing if not manipulative & clever, Apple did a great job at flooding the blogoshere with rumors.

Whereas once their best skill was creating new products, now the edge is being the worlds best marketing machine. Apple never misses a beat.

11. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

And if the "next" iPhone that comes out, is exactly like the rumors that were "orchestrated" is the suprise?

I have a feeling that we will hear the same groan (if not worse) that we heard when they introduced the "new" iPhone 4S.... Remember?...... "Lets talk iPhone". It didnt sound pretty in the crowd. SIRI apparently saved the day, and everyone moved on.

12. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

I mean it was just an idea but if Tim Cook wanted to try to prove himself and increase demand by "leaking" different parts. Even though now it seems that every part of the supposed new iphone has been leaked.

Just a thought