So Much Confusion About the New MBP , someone want to help clear things?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sako94, Mar 22, 2010.

  1. sako94 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #1
    Okay well im in the market to buy a new macbook pro (15inch ) $1700
    im wondering if i should buy it now or wait. Im going to use it for every day use like internet maybe some games and MUSIC , going to use it to DJ connect it to my set . Will it be able to do everything with speed or wait a few more days , weeks, what is ur best advice for me ? :)
     
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
    #2
    The current MBPs are good computers and will do all you need and more
    Nobody knows when the new ones will be coming... period

    If you need it now, buy and be happy and don't look back
    If you don't need it now and can wait, roll the dice and see
     
  3. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

    Santabean2000

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2007
    #3
    Definitely wait another day, but after that..? How desperate are you?
     
  4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #4
    My best guess is within a month from now. Most likely it will be on a Tuesday.

    Also, if you need to get one before the refresh keep in mind that Apple will let you swap for a new model if it arrives within two weeks after you purchase a current model.
     
  5. amjustice macrumors 6502

    amjustice

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    Naperville, IL
    #5
    You will have to pay a restocking fee if you opened it already though, just FYI
     
  6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

    Scottsdale

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    #6
    Unless you can get a GIGANTIC discount on the price of the MBP, wait. Right now, you're buying a ten month old system, that has a graphics system from October 2008! If it's okay for you to buy such an outdated system, you probably don't need a MBP at all.

    I would definitely wait and buy the MBP as soon as it's updated. Right now, you're getting just about as bad of a value as is possible. If it's like 35% off, it's still not a fair deal in my book... 50% off and you're getting close. Some people don't like to read this sort of reply, but it's true. The only time an Apple product buyer gets even a close to "fair" deal is when the product is just updated. Until Apple starts dropping the prices on its ancient Macs, the system will never warrant buying until an update.

    Wait wait wait. It's one thing for Apple to sell ancient technology to consumers, but this is a MacBook PRO you're wanting to buy. For a "pro" model to be so ancient is just ridiculous.
     
  7. breathesrain macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2010
    #7
    If you're nice, supposedly you can take it in up to a month after you bought it to upgrade if a new model comes out. Heard that quite a few times around here.
     
  8. nigameash macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Location:
    Space: The Final Frontier
    #8
    Wait if you can, or buy it now if you get a good deal!
     
  9. spaceballl macrumors 68030

    spaceballl

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #9
    Search the forums. 90% of the posts in this section are about speculation over the eagerly awaited updates to the MacBook (Pro) line.
     
  10. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

    dagamer34

    Joined:
    May 1, 2007
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #10
    Possible, but never good to bet with such an expensive machine. The official policy is 2 weeks though, including getting the restocking fee waived. Double check with your local Apple store though.
     
  11. sako94 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2008
    #11
    the thing is if i purchase now will i need the receipt and credit card information and etc? because this is going to be a gift from my parents and theyre going to buy and ship
     
  12. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

    Jaro65

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #12
    Wait a few more days/weeks. Since you're asking the question, you apparently can wait. But one after the refresh.
     
  13. Surely Guest

    Surely

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #13
    Dear Steve,

    Please make the madness stop.

    Kindest Regards,

    Surely
     
  14. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #14
    Oh come on, it is quite fun reading all those threads and especially the ones about "when the update is due" questions.

    And the madness won't stop even if those PowerBooks get updated.
    It will get worse.
     
  15. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

    Gorilla Power

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    #15
    Its very much worth the wait because the value of Core 2 Duo will drop to depths once iX comes out. So 2 or 3 years from now when you want to sell your C2D notebook on eBay or such, you'll not get good enough money for it.
     
  16. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #16
    Yep, just like the PowerBooks.

    There is one on eBay, an 1.5GHz G4 PowerBook 17", produced from April 2004 to January 2005, and the three lonely bids are only up to 640USD. What a drag.
     
  17. SA22C macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2010
    Location:
    Top Gear Test Track.
    #17
    $640 for a Powerbook? Yikes.

    As for the OP, I recently upgraded from a Dell D620 hackintosh to a 13 inch unibody MacBook Pro. I knew that the hardware had been around for a while, but the MacBook Pro still offers the best all-around value in terms of form factor, quality, usability and style. It's not just a numbers game.
     

Share This Page