So my girlfriend Got me an iPhone 4 Bumper...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EmbraceTheOne, Jan 7, 2012.

1. EmbraceTheOne, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

And it's the wrong one. She got me an iPhone 4 bumper. And I have the 4S. As we all know, The buttons are lower on the 4S. It doesn't match up.

I have a white 4S Apple Bumper and it is superb. She knew I wanted a black one too. Well she got me one, But it's the wrong one.
    I didn't want to say anything, and hurt her feelings. I put it on In front of her. She didn't know.

BUT anyway. Anyone think Apple will exchange it for me? Im going to call them shortly. I'm hoping they exchange it.
    (I don't have a receipt. But I'm pretty positive only Apple sells 'Official' Apple bumpers.

Happen to anyone?

OK. The black picture isn't good at all. But you can see my problem.

Now that I look at it..It looks a little scratched. Maybe she bought it off Ebay??? Either way, Im on hold with Apple right now..

Attached Files:

2. 184550 Guest

3. goMac macrumors 603

The iPhone 4 bumpers fit the 4S as well. The Verizon iPhone 4 has it's buttons in the same spot as the 4S.

It would have to have been sold before the Verizon iPhone 4 to not fit, so she would have had to bought it before February of last year. After the Verizon 4 came out, Apple made the bumpers universal.

(If you somehow got the old bumper, not sure how you could exchange it, given they haven't been made in a while.)

4. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

don't worry as long as it fits 95 percent it would be alright...it should be okay I think. but if you find the right guy he might exchanged it..might...for the right one if you can explaimn what happens

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

go buy one ... then tell her how much you really love the bumper she got you :cool:

then reap the rewards :D

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Go buy one of the same color, but don't tell her you had to replace it. Tell her how much you like your new bumper.

7. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll have to take a picture. Cause it definitely does NOT match up.
    I dont know where she got it. I mean it's in perfect condition. Could of gotten it some place else, (eBay?) but like I said, Perfect condition.

Volume Down button works fine. Up barely works. And the Silent switch is cut off.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Buy a black Apple bumper for the 4S

Put it on

Tell her how much you love the gift

Problem solved and no one hurt

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

OP, do this...

As others have said, go buy another black bumper that fits, put it on your phone. Then, after a day or two, put the bumper she bought you back in the new bumper's package, and return it. You're out no money, and she thinks she got you the right bumper.

Everyone's happy (well, except for that next 4S owner that buys the one you return...lol). :D

10. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I would call her out.

You don't want her to keep buying the wrong things and you having to clean up after her.

11. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Problem..

I don't drive.
    And apple store is 45 minutes away.

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

order one from Apple

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Tell her it's not the right one, you want it but it needs to be the right one. Let Operation Pouty Pants commence with her and go get what you need. I don't quite understand why it would hurt her feelings to find out there is a slight difference in the bumpers and the one she bought won't work. Unless you're just being weird then you may as well shut it and keep it.

14. felixgun macrumors member

This would definitely work. I was thinking the same thing before reading this!

15. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am basically SOL.

Im ordering a new Bumper now. I called Apple, They said I can take it to any Store and they'll exchange it. I can't go to the store.

Maybe I'll "return" the old one….
    ;)

16. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

What's up with this?

Has this become a sudden internet trend?

17. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You mean you can't drive.

Just order online and have it shipped to your work - piece of cake.

18. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well..I do drive.
    Permit.
    License in March.
    I do drive. But Can't by myself.

19. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Don't commit fraud; just man up and buy a new one.

20. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

OP, what you did is right, just buy a new one and be happy. If you get the chance then sell it or return it. Apple will more then likely be happy to take it back. Your girlfriend being happy that she got you a good gift is most important in this situation.

Yes, a sudden internet trend in lameness. From what I have seen it is often posted by people who have nothing to contribute or don't know an answer but feel that they need to add their two cents. They want to pretend that the issue is so trivial and how could the person possibly care about something so insignificant, it makes them feel better about themselves even though if the issue were happening to them they would be whining and bitching about it.

21. EmbraceTheOne thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was a joke. Wasn't planning on doing it.

----------

Exactly why I didn't want to tell her she got the wrong one.

New one is ordered with 2 Day delivery. Down 40$, But everyone is happy.
    :)

22. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

23. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

It is always good to put one's problems in perspective.

24. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Good move. A happy girlfriend is worth way more than $40. She'll be happy and you'll be happy. :)

25. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Good point, I am sure he had no idea there are problems with thousands of children dieing every day because of starvation when he posted this. Now that this has come to light we better either ban all posts with problems that are less trivial then that issue or post a message in every one of those threads reminding people that there are more serious issues.

On the other hand we could always remember that this is MacRumors and just stick to talking about Apple related topics without the need to be reminded about such issues when they have nothing to do with the post. Or better yet, do discuss those issues on MacRumors, in the appropriate forum, Community Discussion -> Politics, Religion, Social Issues.