So my home button isnt working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scotigno, Sep 28, 2012.

1. scotigno, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

scotigno macrumors member

I just went to use my phone and every time i go into an application i click the home button and it doesn't work. after about the 5th time clicking the home button it finally works. i am really concerned about this and i am not sure what i should do about it. obviously i should consider returning it but about how long will this process take and can i just walk into a store and ask for a replacement or do i have to schedule an appointment. Also i bought from the apple online store, would it be possible to exchange at a local at&t store?(Im on the iPhone 5 for anyone wondering)

2. Sindal330 macrumors newbie

3. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

this is really annoying me, because this issue just started happening.

4. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

Book a genius appointment and take it back!
    If you havnt had the phone more than 28 days they will just give you a new one!

5. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

I Just reseted the settings on my iPhone and so far the home button has had no issues. Maybe it can fix yours if we had the same problem.

6. Sindal330 macrumors newbie

I noticed if I press more at the top of the button or the left it works, but if I use the bottom or right side it doesn't.

Guess I'll make a trip to the Apple store.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yes, that's a hardware fault for sure...Probably excess lacquer on the contacts. The Apple Store will swap it out for you.