So my iphone 5 is actually defective zomg

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EriCKY, Sep 26, 2012.

1. EriCKY macrumors member

Sep 15, 2007
    I was watching a youtube video on it when out of nowhere the sound just stopped working. All speaker related sound didn't work anymore.

I tried plugging in my headphones and taking them out again and that didnt fix it.

I shook the phone a little and it started working again -_-

It's happened once more after that and it's really annoying.
  2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

Oct 14, 2007

Ummm so what do you think should be your next move !

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
  4. EriCKY thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2007

i'm just letting the community know of the problems that can occur for no reason

i can :rolleyes: too
  5. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Nov 16, 2006
  6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    My thought is that if the intent was to inform people of a defect, a more descriptive thread title would be a good place to start. Maybe somthing like "iPhone 5 sound quits sporadically" or something of that nature. Any time a thread title includes "zomg" most people just ignore.

Plus, are you sure it's not just the youtube app?
  7. EriCKY thread starter macrumors member

Sep 15, 2007
    the speaker stopped working completely

when someone called it only vibrated, speakerphone didnt work, etc
  8. thakswet macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2012
    I received a 16G white iPhone 5 with out of the box complete speaker failure. Took to the Apple Store and in the front of the store was a sign saying they were out of stock on all iPhone 5 phones and cases. After showing them the speaker did not work they removed the cover, unpluged and pluged the speaker back in and sure enough, the speaker was defective.

They replaced the iPhone 5 with another one that came in a smaller box with no charger/earphones (we kept the ones that came original.) They transferred the SIM card to the new phone, contacted Verizon and tested the speaker...all good to go.

The Apple Store had phones in the back for defective replacements.