So my iPhone 5 just doesn't anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jDW194, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jDW194 macrumors member

Had just finished making a call about 75% battery, when it just went blank. Now it won't turn on. Question is do I take it back to my Local Apple store or to my mobile provider (Telstra) where I bought it?

2. zmagik macrumors regular

3. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

I had an issue with my iPhone 5 (faulty power button), and Telstra handled it.

4. jDW194 thread starter macrumors member

Last iOS 6

----------

Telstra shop is near Apple store, just wonder which if either would be quicker and least problematic.

5. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

I've had iPhones exchanged at both Telstra and the Apple store (in-warranty at Telstra and out-of-warranty at Apple). Telstra was pretty fast, but Apple left me hanging around like a non-hipster for quite a while.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Bummers dude - so far my iPhone 5 which is now about a year old has been rock solid. Sorry to hear the issues :(

7. jDW194 thread starter macrumors member

Just happened today, glad it happened while its still in warranty, no biggy, mst be almost a year old(sept) and this is the only fault I have ever had with any apple device so not complaining :rolleyes:

8. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

FYI, as required by law in Australia, Apple now covers defects with the device for up to 2 years. The coverage in the second year isn't as comprehensive in the first year, but I'm not aware of a concrete statement about exactly what is and isn't covered.