So my new retina MacBook 15" - screen is LG- do I exchange or ghosting is fixed now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chuck-Norris, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

Stupid question but hey it's a 2000 dollar computer

Has this issue of LG screen been fixed?

I had a base but exchanged it to get the upgraded 16gb and CPU specs . Base had Samsung and it was really nice

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

You won't be able to get it exchanged unless you're actually getting issues. I doubt you can walk into an Apple store and ask for replacement just because you have a LG screen.

3. leman macrumors 604

Well, do you see ghosting on your machine or not? I doubt we can diagnose it for you from here ;)

4. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I got it online and apple has a 14 refund or exchange if ur not happy with ur purchase

But that still doesn't answer my question lolz

----------

I just got it lol

5. B... macrumors 68000

B...

How about you do the ghosting test, and if you have it you exchange, and if you do not you be content with your computer?

6. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

IR develops over time. If you begin getting IR you will get it replaced. Not that big of a deal...

7. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm just saying there's massive forums and reports of this issue that hasn't developed over time

8. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Too late now but your best bet would have been to not check what screen you have. To just use it and enjoy it and if ghosting materializes, then have Apple fix it. I bought my rMBP in October and have never checked to see what screen I have--and never ran the checkerboard test--if I see ghosting, then I will deal with it then.

9. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

it doesnt matter anymore, i have to exchange it, there 2 random nicks on the palmrest, i initially thought it was dirt or something from the manufuring but they wont rub off. sounds silly but this thing was 2 grand so i think thats good enough to exchange it.

ive been using it for a few hours now nd the screen looks good to me!