Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha everyone,

I have a niece and her friend visiting us out here in Hawaii, and of course she brought a camera! The only problem I've been having is that she takes out her SD card and copies the pics onto her Vista (Oh NO!) laptop then erases the card. Imagine my surprise when I inserted a CD-RW disc, burned the pics onto it, then found that almost 30% have CRC errors! I'm having a bit of trouble copying the pics onto my wife's PC (my old PC :D), as I can much more easily network her computer with my Mac than my niece's Vista laptop. I'm not sure exactly what Vista does to the files, or if they were corrupted on the SD card, but I don't have any problems transferring files from my wife's XP computer to my Macs - only with the Vista laptop.

Vista is so bad that she's convinced never to "upgrade" the PC to Vista - in fact, she told me this morning that she wants to switch to the Mac 'next time' (whatever that means) - whatever time frame she's referencing, she's seen how much more productive I've become since I made the switch last August, not to mention how much more enjoyment I get from simply using my Macs (and iPhone :D). Of all the people in my family, I thought she would be the last holdout, as she really doesn't get on the computer too much, but when I convince her that I really DO deserve that Mac Pro :D, she'll get my trusty and amazing 20" Core Duo iMac. Life is good.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Nice story to hear. Although I can't say I'm not a little jealous of you right now...in Hawaii and trying to get a Mac Pro? Aren't we lucky:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.