So, now we have Lion, how long do you reckon it will take until 10.7.1?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by RJCP, Jul 21, 2011.

1. RJCP macrumors 6502

I'm guessing Apple will be releasing a developer preview probably next week and then release the official update by early-mid August and ship the USB drives with 10.7.1 by late August.

What do you guys think?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

first point release is usually within the first 7 days

3. audieddie macrumors newbie

I hope sooner than later. Active directory support seems sketchy.

I had to unbind and rebind the laptops to get them to work properly with mobile accounts, and even then it still seems to not alway connect properly. I understand they scrapped samba, but I was hoping that it wouldn't mess up AD interactivity.

4. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

Is there a specific problem that you believe needs to be corrected? Why do you care when it is released? I'm not trying to be rude, i'm just surveying the forums to find those having problems.

5. Bo98 macrumors member

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Common problem from the forum is the layout error in Mission Control and also according to some, remembering your option for opening windows on restart at the shut down/logout window.

7. RJCP thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, nothing show stopping, just 2 very annoying bugs when running Safari in Full Screen. First is, sometimes the little X button to close tabs doesn't show up and I have to fool around selecting other tabs before it stops acting on me. The other one, also in fullscreen, is that when you open a new tab it doesn't automatically select the address box... you have to do it manually which is a nuisance.

8. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Within 2 weeks.

They have already been working on bugs (I hope, if they aren't in the Bahamas chilling with some piña coladas) for an additional 2 weeks, since they released the GM.

So, we should have a nice pack full of bug fixes soon :)