So, on the Wait List for Sprint...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhoBitTheApple, Sep 26, 2013.

1. WhoBitTheApple macrumors newbie

Currently on the wait list for Sprint (Getting the 16GB Silver) and I was wondering if the Sprint stores follow up on the "We will call you once we get in a shipment".

They took down my name, phone number, and email address and put it into a computer and said that the iPhone should arrive in 3 weeks (but no later). But for some reason I have this gut feeling that either a. They won't call me or b. They will get the shipment but will sell to people who come into the store and will run out of stock before they actually call people to get their iPhones.

So, does anyone have experience with the Sprint waiting list and if it's reliable or not? I'm starting to get worried because the shipping dates seem to get pushed back more and more, and if this wait list isn't reliable then I could be in some trouble getting an upgrade to an iPhone (Yes, this will be my first iPhone and I can't wait :D)

Btw, I was put on the wait list on launch day at around 9 am CST, and am pretty high up on the list.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yeah, you're dealing with Sprint, there's no way to know who is and isn't yanking your chain, when relying on them for anything.

For that reason, I only purchase through Apple, now. I ordered via the Apple Store app at 1:34am on launch day and received my 5s yesterday….. while most of those who ordered through Sprint are still waiting and the stores have told people they have no idea when they'll have more stock, for sure.

In other words, I just wouldn't get my hopes up about the wait list, if I were you.

3. WhoBitTheApple thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, they said that it would be for sure in within 3 weeks, if not sooner. I usually know when I'm getting suckered or not (although this is a unique situation where I'm unsure), and the owner seemed they were on top of things. Hell, they even gave me 20$ off if I waited for it to come in.

But then again, it is Sprint...Which is why I'm asking here.

4. 1981d macrumors 6502

I found some at sprint after calling a ton of stores. They all told me "no hope" and to get on the list, but they are getting them all the time. Just keep calling till you find one that got a shipment. Best Buy is also starting to loosen up with supplies, and you can check which stores have them online.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Exactly, it's Sprint!

I called them once to order my son a cell phone and have it shipped to him….I told the woman repeatedly that I did not want it shipped to me and it couldn't have my name on it, it needed to be in his, to make sure he could claim the package…. go through the whole thing and she never asked me for the proper name and address to put on it. I reminded her, before it was finalized, gave her all the information and confirmed it TWICE…. only to find out when UPS tried to deliver, she'd left my name on it, anyway…. and I don't live anywhere nearby!! I had to fax a letter of permission, one copy to UPS and one to my son, for them to be able to release the package to him.

Next time I wanted to get him a phone, I went to a store, because I figured I could make sure everything was done correctly, with no screw ups…. Oh, how silly I was! I paid for it, made all the necessary arrangements to have it shipped to him, triple checked the shipping address and name, paid for overnight shipping…….. only to have them take over a week to get it to him!

6. 1981d macrumors 6502

Also, I think it's in the salesman's best interest to get u back to their store. Even the corporate stores couldn't tell me if they had stock at a different location. I'm wondering if they were trying to put me on the waiting list just to get a commission. Almost like they didn't want me to go looking around on my own.

7. WhoBitTheApple thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked online for Best Buy and every single store in my area is "unavailable".

Even one of my friends runs the Mobile department for Best Buy, said they wouldn't get a shipment in until sometime in October. And in best buy they have the wait list as well except they call them "reservations".

8. 1981d macrumors 6502

You know, I had to return my sprint phones ( long story) and found some at the best buy in a less well off part of town. They were selling more 4s proportionally than stores on the more well off side of town, and told me they got shipments every day. But perhaps our markets have different shipping priorities?

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

For one of my phones I had luck with radio shack. They even wrote my name on th ebox and set it aside. I rolled in 30 minutes before closing time and they had it waiting for me. I was amazed.