So, people are going to line up on monday? Playing it safe? or wishful thinking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadMacxxx, Jun 7, 2009.

1. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

So whats the deal? Are some of you going to wait in the parking lots of your local ATT and Apple stores on Monday morning and watch a live keynote feed to see if there is an iPhone being released the same day (ha ha)? :D

2. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

If anything is released, it'll be 3.0 software not the V3 phones.

3. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

I'd imagine if a new iPhone was going to be available on Monday at AT&T stores, some sort of info on it have been leaked by now. I mean, surely AT&T employees would know by now if this was the case. (That's my thoughts on that, anyways...)

4. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

actually when was the last time Apple announced something "Available Today!"??

I can't remember :confused:

5. MadMacxxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

right, but I read a post or two from some members who are thinking about scoping out their stores on monday morning, incase the (unlikely) rumor that a V3 phone might be released monday....turns out to be true.

I know, thats part of the reason why Im almost 100% sure nothings going to be released on monday.

me either

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Pretty sure some of the updated desktops (iMacs, Mac Minis) were available the day of the keynote earlier this year. If not, then I know that most, if not all, of the new iPods from last year's refresh were available that same day.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Last year, AT&T and Apple employees had vacations cancelled the week of launch. There were also rumors of extra training for both staffs. Nothing yet this year.

Apple won't release the phone on the same day of WWDC. What about the people at the conference themselves? Apple isn't stupid. It may and hopefully will release 3.0 sooner but they'll let things percolate and build anticipation for July.

Anyone thinking otherwise needs to stop for 2 seconds and think.