So perhaps something good can come out of my Apple obsession...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ZiggyPastorius, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Hey, guys. I took my very first visit to an Apple Store today. I went to the Briarwood Mall Apple Store in Ann Arbor, about an hour and a half from me. My girlfriend and I spent about four hours there (she went with me, but I was the enthused one...) It was great. Though it did make me even more anxious to get my iPhone. Anyways, I stopped at Godiva Chocolatier while I was at the mall, and they handed us these little scratch off cards for a chance to win some stuff...I won a $50 Visa gift card to anywhere (that accepts Visa)! I tried to donate to Macrumors (again), but the gift card was denied (again). Anybody have any idea how I should spend the $50?

Edit: For the hell of it, here are a few pics from my visit :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Congrats on your iPhone. whats that little pin thing on the back?

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

lol, no, I didn't get an iPhone. Don't get that 'til next month or March...That's the little security thing so people don't steal them from the store.

I did get a $50 gift card, though, for free, so I need something to spend it on.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

5. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Heh, I considered buying more stuff from the iTunes store, but I don't have any apps for my iPod or songs or anything I need right now...and the iPhone will probably be my next major Apple purchase, as I already have two iPods, a Macbook, and a Mighty mouse and keyboard.

Edit: So, basically, I'm trying to think outside of Apple for atleast a few minutes :p

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Your GF was good enough to deal with your 4-hour geekfest at the Apple Store? And you've not heard about it, or caught an elbow in the ribs?

My friend, you've got a gem of a girlfriend there. Use the Visa (at least part of it) to get her something nice! She deserves it...:D

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Agreed, treat her, I don't treat my girlfriend as much as I should, and sometimes I really regret it later on...

8. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

My sentiments exactly.

9. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

If only you knew :eek: Everyone tells me I have one of the best girlfriends they've ever seen. She puts up with my crap all the time (mainly music and Apple products), and yes, I was glad she came and put up with me at the Apple store. She did call me a fanboy quite a bit, though, which I never denied. I'm not sure what I would get her. I got her a graphics tablet for her birthday, and I'm getting her an iPod Nano for Christmas...I bought food for us today, plus I do stuff for her all the time. If I think of something she may want, I'll do it, but she doesn't tell me anything. I even asked her to tell me what she'd like to do sometime (Similar to my spending a day at the Apple store), she wouldn't even tell me. Frustrating :( But it's okay.

Edit: It may be important to note that the whole trip was to go to the Apple store...it wasn't a trip where I suddenly decided to stay at the Apple store. She chose to go knowing we'd be spending atleast 3-5 hours there.

Edit 2: May as well add another or two :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

And the great circle of life goes on and on. I married that girl, 28 years ago. "If I tell you what I want, it doesn't count." LOL, I am so there.

Yeah, it can be frustrating. No, the rules of logic don't always apply.

But it's worth it. Keep surprising her. Keep each other happy!

11. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

One, there is nothing good about an obsession even if it is Apple. Two, if she knew what was going to happen when you two went, why would she complain and/or hurt you? I say spend it on her if you want, but if she said she doesn't want anything, don't get her something.

12. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Why the hostility? I'm not confused trying to think of what to buy her. I'm just seeing what everyone recommends I spend my $50 I won on. Anyways, I've already decided to get a laptop bag for my Macbook. Also, "passion," is probably a better word than obsession. Everyone has things they're passionate about, and without passion no one would be learning about things, having jobs they love, et cetera. I have a passion for music and Apple products...doesn't mean I'm an apologist, doesn't mean my mental stability is being thrown off, I just derive joy from their products...as do many people, thus this forum.

13. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

What hostility? I'm passionate Apple products too, but obsession isn't a good thing, even if it is Apple. And is Apologist a real term or did you just make it up?

14. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

apologist |əˈpɒlədʒɪst|
    noun
    a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial

In this [colloquial] context, it means someone who vehemently defends Apple, no matter what choice they make, good or bad. As I said, perhaps obsession isn't the best word. I'm not obsessed, per se, but I do love their products.