So, Politifact is practically on fire with everything said at the RNC.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GKDAIR, Aug 29, 2012.

1. GKDAIR, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

GKDAIR macrumors regular

Has anybody checked Politifact yet? Seriously like everything the republicans have said is like in the "pants on fire" status, which means they are lying through their teeth.

Hell, Paul Ryans "716 billion dollar medicare cut" line was false, and placed in the "mostly false" status.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Not only that, but Paul Ryan looks like a sleestak. :) No lips and big, bulgy eyes. Many people are like, "Oh he's so handsome." Really? He looks like a douchebag frat boy. Yuck.

Attached Files:

3. vega07 macrumors 65816

Oh now come on Lee, play nice.

Ryan's not that bad looking. I think he's quite cute. ;)

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Right genre (television), but wrong show. He is not a sleestak. He is Eddie Munster all grown up.

Attached Files:

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Don't worry I'm sure next week it will be on fire again when the DNC is going on.

6. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

You think?

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

That would assume independent, no bias "fact finding" now wouldn't it...

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

He has no lips.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

You can't possibly be denying that 2/3 of what Ryan said was BS....Even Fox News said his speach was deceiving. Fox News.

The fact that you are so blind (as are many others who identify as red) to what is in front of you is exactly the reason why Obama will win a second term. You don't care about the future of this country - only about winning or losing.

10. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Well Sally Kohn did, and she's a liberal. It appears that Fox is fair and balanced and does allows both point of views.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Of course, you are an expert on Fox News - Oh wait...you don't watch it. :rolleyes:

The point is, anyone who denies that his speach was filled with BS is either blind or willfully ignorant.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Glad to see I'm not the only one who understands this.

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I don't watch it, but it only took me less than a minute to google Sally Kohn and find her Wiki page and her home page.

She sounds like many member of this forum

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Gay?

Intelligent?

Open Minded?

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I will refrain, I don't feel like getting banned. ;)

16. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So, your answer is yes.

Got it.

17. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Yes, you believe you are.:)

18. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

Actually the democrats on Politifact seem to get a lot more truth then the republicans do. At least from what I have noticed.

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I will agree that every politician. Including Democrats play around with facts to make themselves look good. But I really don't think Obama puts out blatant lies and distortions of the magnitude that Romney/Ryan do.

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Romney and Ryan distort 10 facts and blatantly lie & make **** up 5 times for every time Obama does it once. They don't care about facts or trying to fix the problems for the majority of people in this country, they just care about making up whatever they can to win so they can take power and give themselves more handouts while everyone who isn't in the top 5% of income in this country suffer.

Unfortunately a big group of people in this country are too dumb/ignorant/blinded by their religion to realize that these scumbags are just straight up lying to them to try to win and take advantage of everyone else.

These guys don't give a damn about the future of this country for the majority of this country, they only care how it affects their personal fortunes and if they'll be able to buy that 7th beach house and new yacht next year.

Wake up people.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

More of your posts with nothing to ever back it up. I challenge you to refute the fact checkers against the lies Ryan told last night.

____________________________________>Your answer goes here but I won't hold my breath.

----------

Same offer Eric. Refute the fact checkers here. Still not holding my breath.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Which goes back to that the main political strategy for today's Reds is:

Tell a big enough lie all of the time, and people will believe it to be the truth.

In short, lie their way to the White House and Congress.

BL.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

LMFAO!

Anyway, to Politifact:

I've done this number before: counted the number of lies made by the Dems vs. the number made by Republicans in my neck of the woods. And the Dems come out with fewer and less egregious lies.

With the exception of that stupid ad that implies Romney's plant closing ended up killing some worker's wife, Democrats usually practice spin but draw the line at outright lies. The Republicans have repeatedly crossed that line several times -- and we've talked about it here in PRSI, that they're entering the brave new frontier of just making **** up. They are that desperate.

Did anyone check out this link in Politifact's sidebar? Here's the Pants on Fire ratings. Out of 20 listings on the first page, only two are attributed to President Obama and Harry Reid. The rest are from conservative politicians and a few conservative internet postings. And that's just the first page. The second page has only one statement by Obama, and the rest is Republican horse****.

The contempt they have for the American people is astounding.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In short,

You Lie!

;)

BL.