iPhone So sad that WeatherIcon isn't updated for iOS 6 ;(, any idea if its abandoned?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Feb 24, 2013.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Apologies if this is being said on Twitter or Facebook, but I use neither. :/
    Tempted to email the author... but many comments on Google are there are no responses. Hell, I'd be willing to pay for this it's so great. >_<

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I actually emailed him yesterday asking. There's no harm in you trying as well. Maybe if he sees a lot of people want this he'll work on it. dashman@gmail.com

3. duck33 macrumors regular

Per dev:

Attached Files:

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Ah that sucks. I am using LI5 right now but I still miss WeatherIcon and I won't always be using LI5.

5. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

;( Well that's to bad. What's he refering to regarding LockInfo, does it create a weather icon similar to WeatherIcon? I'm a little disappointed its been cut down in iOS 6.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Adds this.

Attached Files:

7. duck33 macrumors regular

I'm actually using Forecast. I can't remember what I paid maybe 1.99? Here is what my Lock screen looks like.

Attached Files:

8. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I might give it a try. How does it compare to Forecast, stability wise?

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

It's by the same dev except Forecast is only the weather integrated into the clock without the rest of the LockInfo stuff. I actually own both.

10. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I actually miss that little WeatherIcon. But there are to many good LS/SB weather widgets out there that makes the WeatherIcon obsolete.;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Are we positive this isn't from the troll's account? Some douche made a twitter account the EXACT same as David Asham's except instead of using 0 in the 5050 part of his twitter name, the troll used O (or maybe it's the other way around). Tons of people are unknowingly reaching out to a fake account and this troll just answers whatever he feels like, many times giving false information.

This very well could be a legit tweet. I haven't had a chance to confirm. Does anyone know without a doubt this is the real David Asham and not the fake?

If its true, then that is really sad. I love WeatherIcon for the status bar weather and the ability to place the current temp over your weather app of choice. It worked fine for me when I was on 5.1.1. Very sad to see this get abandoned.

12. duck33, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

duck33 macrumors regular

Yes, Positive. I've been following him for quite some time now. I'm sure if you looked at his timeline, you would see his response.

Update: So looking at my twitter question, I did tweet (the real David Ashman) but what I didn't realize until now, the response came from the fake account. Can't believe I didn't catch that. Sorry for the wrong information.

13. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Well that's awesome, I guess I don't really need the other features of LockInfo. :/
    I wish that was a troll account, but it's likely true. :/

14. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

15. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Oh man, I really hope so. >_< It was one of my favorite tweaks.

16. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I forgot to ask, do the extras of LockInfo make it worth picking over Forecast? Also any idea if the Dev plans to add the old versions features? I know iOS 6 killed a lot of features of LockInfo.

17. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Depends if you want the extra info on your lockscreen, I really like it myself.
    The developer has been working very hard on LI 5 to get back many of the old features, I have to really give him credit.

Attached Files:

18. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Awesome. Guess I'll try it again. >_>b

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yea, but WeatherIcon allow you to do neat modifications like this (in conjunction with WinterBoard)

Attached Files:

20. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

No way! Haha wow I'm glad I mentioned the fake account! I debated whether or not to even bother to post that. But obviously I did end up posting it and boy am I glad I did! Keep us posted on any news please!

21. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

Nope - far from obsolete. No other tweak shows the current temperature in the status bar at all times, as well as the lock screen. Also puts a red badge on the stock weather app showing current temp.

22. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I said I missed the "Weather Icon"... which is really not needed with weather widget alternatives. But point taken on the status bar.:)

23. Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

WeatherIcon = the tweak
    Weather icon = Weather icon

Anyway, I am stoked to hear that twitter account wasn't his. duck33, I know I saw that same screenshot in another thread here. I hope you will update the other threads with this news so as not to spread misinformation and heartbreak. ;)

24. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Good catch! Thank you!

25. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I know, I can't wait for it to return. My home screen feels so naked without the badge. >_<