So should I return my new MacBook pro and wait for the new ones?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThisIsMe, Apr 10, 2012.

  1. ThisIsMe, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

    ThisIsMe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2012
    Location:
    Amsterdam
    #1
    So I just picked up a MacBook pro rumors are that new MacBook pro"s are set to release with in three weeks. What are your thaghts?
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    A new model probably won't make any difference to you, since you're asking.
     
  3. Bawsh macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2012
    #3
    If you are patient enough then you should probably wait. I returned my MBP and was going to get a 17" then I decided to wait.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
     
  4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

    Interstella5555

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    #4
    Well, the 2013's are probably going to be better than the 2012's, so you may want to wait for those...Waiting for "better" tech is a fools game where you'll never actually own anything, the computer you buy today was outdated the minute it rolled off the assembly line.
     
  5. mikepro macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2010
    #5
    If you can wait for a few weeks, then you absolutely should. You will get more bang for your buck (assuming prices stay the same, which is very likely). Now, if the rumors were saying 6 months, then not really worth waiting. But, since signs point to fairly soon, if you have something viable to get you by, by all means wait.
     
  6. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2008
    #6
    I ended up paying $2600 for my MBP 17" and that includes a 128GB SSD, a 750GB HDD in the optibay, and 16GBs of RAM. It's doubtful the new MBPs will offer a noticeable speed bump from that, and even more doubtful they'll have retina displays. I don't play games in this machine so there's no much reason to pine over a newer GPU. With an SSD and the GPU that's already in this MBP, Photoshop and other GPU optimized software runs plenty fast enough for what I need to do.

    In fact, I think if I didn't need a new laptop when I did, I probably would have waited for the new release and bought this same model at a greater discount.
     
  7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2011
    #7
    Or since they're a new design, they could be totally problematic. Accessories will be limited at first, and they could generally just be a plain nightmare.

    Roll the dice :) At least the current ones are a known entity.

    Look at what a total prize the first gen MBA's are.... (yes, I'm being sarcastic)
     
  8. badtzwang macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    #8
    You should return your laptop ... Not only for the reason that new Macbooks may be just around the corner, but for the fact that the laptop you just paid for will be much cheaper once the new ones come out.
     
  9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2011
    #9

    That really depends on where he bought it. Many places have price guarantees, and if it drops within that window just go back and get a refund for the difference. I know I have 45 days at Best Buy
     
  10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

    heisenberg123

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    Location:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    #10
    Im surprised you bought a 2K laptop unless you needed it?

    there rumors of a Apr-June release have been pretty much the same for months so what would make you think this way today?
     
  11. aa521490 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2007
    #11
    I would return it. Just be patient.If you don't like the new ones, at least the model you bought before will be discounted.
     
  12. chilly7, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

    chilly7 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    #12
    I don't know, if it was me probably i have reterned, but it is up to u.

    p.s. But it depend what model u want, the rummors are that 15 inch will be in couple of weeks then 13 inch in a month after 15 inch and then 17 inch in a month after 13 inch :mad:

    ----------

    Me too wants 17 inch but probably we will need to wait up to 3 more month from now because of see my previouse post....:mad:

    p.s.
    But probably i will wait dispite that it will not be easy to do so....
     
  13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

    ugahairydawgs

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #13
    Depends on what size model you're talking about. By all accounts the 15s are going to be updated first, with the 13s and 17s coming later on in the summer.

    If you are looking to pick up a 15, I would wait. If it is one of the other sizes then I would look at need. If you have something that can hold you over until the refresh, then wait. If you don't have another machine and are going to need one in the next 4-6 weeks....then bite.
     

Share This Page