So since the watch bands are packaged separately...

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Since the watch bands are packaged separately... can we go to the apple store and exchange the watch band for a different color?

I got the Space Grey aluminum model with the black sport loop band... but really want a lighter color band.

Can I just take the band in and exchange that for the white colored band?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Since the watch bands are packaged separately... can we go to the apple store and exchange the watch band for a different color?

I got the Space Grey aluminum model with the black sport loop band... but really want a lighter color band.

Can I just take the band in and exchange that for the white colored band?
No, you may not.

sirenized

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
The bands packaged with the watches do not have barcodes on the back. Kind of like snacks inside a big box (not labeled for individual sale) but I do believe that they are headed toward a build your own with their new choice of packaging. Just not yet

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
No, Others have already tried and Apple denied them. And also there was a thread on Reddit for those who tried as well and they were denied too. Look at this thread, it will discuss it more in depth.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...e-in-a-separate-box-can-we-swap-them.2140409/
Oh okay thanks!
[doublepost=1537613425][/doublepost]
The bands packaged with the watches do not have barcodes on the back. Kind of like snacks inside a big box (not labeled for individual sale) but I do believe that they are headed toward a build your own with their new choice of packaging. Just not yet
Thanks! Guess I could have looked for a barcode and noticed that there wasn’t one! Oh well, worth a shot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.