So the iPhone is coming to Australia in a couple of months. Discuss.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlivo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I have heard a couple of times (and I know that other users have as-well) that the iPhone will be coming to Australia in the next couple of months. They are (apparently) with Telstra. How will they sell it seeing as they have no proper apple store here??? Luckily I'm already on Telstra so I'm all good. Yay. I know everyone hates Telstra but I'm fine with them for what I need. I reckon the plans are going to be huge though. What are peoples thoughts on all this?? Discuss.

2. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

telstra, or 3??? probaly get the second gen and miss out on the current one

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ergh, said it before, I'll say it again. It won't be out till well after June when it's 3G capable so Apple can launch in the majority of the Asian nations around the same time.

It will be the big ticket item to get people in the doors at the Sydney Apple Store when it opens (still quite a few months away seeing as how the building the store will be in isn't yet completed) and will be sold at the Apple Store, online Apple Store and whoever gets the network rights (Singtel Optus are the frontrunners in my thinking because they own a number of networks across Asia and could provide an easy platform for Apple to leap into a stack of countries at once) but not the resellers as network/Apple will provide the support directly.

It will not be in "a couple of months."

4. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can I quote you on that?

5. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Please do, Chundles makes a lot of unqualified statements :)

6. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

Snap:D

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

As opposed to sayyy... a rumour site?

8. JasO macrumors regular

I agree with him, you wont see it any time soon. Learn to import, not hard. www.ebay.com