so the question is: do we move from old MBP to new unibody ones

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jgbr, Feb 6, 2009.

1. jgbr macrumors 6502

Usually after years and years of buying apple kit, I know what I want.

I current hook up a Early 15-inch 2007 MBP to a 24inch Dell Monitor (matte both) but I am now tempted to get a new unibody machine.

Just this blimin Glossy issue and actually of course is the jump really worth it. I have a 20% discount to use up... question is, worth the jump, or hang around for snow leopard coupled with the New intel cpus?

I have never been indecisive before, made a bee line for the middle MBP and out came the pennies.

Two issues: Keyboard and screen, considering i use a huge professional matte dell monitor and i heard the old keyboard is quieter!

Feelings from converters welcome.

Thanks

2. lordthistle macrumors 6502

My early 2008 matte MBP has been exchanged with a Unibody MBP because the first one was quite defective (freezing while performing heavy tasks).

I wish I kept the early 2008: I prefer the early 2008 trackpad (button+gesture), the old keyboard has a better feeling (but I prefer the layout on the new MBP), the glossy screen is a disaster.

thistle

3. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

the only thing im not crazy about is the new keyboard. The look is fine, but I got used to the old keys on the MBP (which I also didnt like before buying my first MBP).

Overall I kinda miss the non-uni. Just my two cents.

Build quality is better on the new ones, although they weigh more, and are slightly bigger.

If you cant do it for under 300$, i say pass. It cost me more than that, and, while i dont regret it, I have shall we say "remorse."

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Keep the "old" one for a while longer. Many posters seem to prefer the older keyboard and the older trackpad, and a surprising number appear to regret upgrading. I've a 2008 MBP and as I am very happy with it, I intend to hold onto it for a while yet. My tuppence worth.

Cheers and good luck