So the speaker holes at the bottom basically kill the water-proof ness right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 20, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

When I had a ballistic case on my iphone 4 the speakers worked fine even when I used them in the shower as a test, but with it being more open on the 5 does that basically mean water = definite no no for music?

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Incorrect. Apple appears to actually have made it mildly hydrophobic so that water does not penetrate as easy. I would still not recommend showering with your phone.

3. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

But if you must, at least be a gentleman and buy it dinner first.

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you can't be without a phone for the 10 minutes it takes to shower, you have bigger problems than speaker holes.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It was the only time I showered with my phone I wanted to see if the case was really waterproof or well splash proof. Reading comprehension helps

7. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Well played.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Without more information it's impossible to answer your question. The best I can say is that the iPhone is not waterproof and I don't see that Ballistic cases are waterproof so if you want to run the shower into the speakers, probably not. If you have the speakers pointed down, maybe.

Waterproof and water resistant have standard definitions and ratings which describe the type of protection they provide. You should think about what you're really trying to protect against and not use the shower as a test.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Heavy condensation may trigger the humidity sensor(s), but have fun with your experiment.

10. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

I cannot believe some of the posts on this forum.

First you post is HIGHLY misleading. You are talking about an iPhone accessory, not the iPhone itself.

Second, who cares?

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have a LifeProof case before. I put my iPhone in the tub for 2 hours playing music; it was fine.