So there are a lot of enthusiast threads about applying / getting hired at an Apple..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Sep 3, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

So there are a lot of enthuastic threads about applying / getting hired at an Apple store so do you think any Microsoft/Pc enthusiast forums there are people writing posts about how excited they are to get hired at the Microsoft store?

Or how to get hired at the Microsoft store?

2. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

They have Windows enthusiasts forums? :eek::cool:

All these fan boys/girls will soon see working at the Apple store is just like any other job and being surrounded by Apple product doesn't make it that much better. The discounts will be good and if stay long enough to get the free ipod when a new line comes out that will be pretty good. But its a retail job like any other retail job.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Yep that's right, so some :apple: store workers just got a new iPod touch, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle?

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just let the 17 year olds feel like they're helping mankind something by peddling Apple products, and feel special about it.
    Technicolour is right. They're just applying for retail, and yet they don't seem to realise. Perhaps they do after a few years.

When someone over 22 years old posts about his/her excitement over applying for an Apple retail position, I just feel pity. :eek:

5. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

When I worked there and a new refresh came out those who had 1 or 2 years of service got free versions of whatever the lowest model was. They also got iPhones too, the first version. I don't know about subsequent models.

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

When i worked there we got a free 4th gen 20GB iPod, then we got the 1GB 1st Gen Shuffle, then the 8GB iPhone. Was never a bad deal. I still have a box full of Apple retail shirts. I wear my black w/ white Apple logo t-shirt quite regularly to remember the glory days before Apple employees looked like a narrow spectrum of a rainbow...:cool: