so this is wat happen to me on at&T for the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by javier36963, Jul 25, 2008.

1. javier36963 macrumors newbie

ordered the 3g on sunday 7/13 it finally ship and got to the store yesterday, so i go to the store and wait around 2 and then its my turn and im unlucky cause i got the guy that has the worst temper out of them anyway so he get the phone out and i told him i alredy did a pre credit check before the iphone came out so he looks at it and says ya its here but i need a 500 dollars deposit so i say i alredy waited so many days that ok ill give u the deposit so he asks me for my driver license and its expired for a few months, i cant renew dont ask me why, so he says theres no way i can activate this phone even if u give me 2000 dollars cause i could get fired but if u give me 5000 dollars than ill do it, so me and my parents start fighten with them triyng to get to a solution in the end he says the only way is if i talk to the manager tomorrow which now is today and see if he can make an exception, do u guys think i should go in person with my family and talk to the dude or just talk to the dude over the phone? stupid at&t

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If you don't add punctuation... This is inexcusable; I can't read it.

If you've done something that warrants you not being able to renew your license, then he has all the right in the world to stop your purchase.

He did not accept a bribe.

3. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

i didnt do anything is just that they can only hold the phone for 7 days wich now is 5 days and i cant go renew my license cause i work

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I see. Well, availability is always iffy. Just wait until you can get your license back until you buy.

5. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

is it possible that supposely if i cant get it meaning ill have to cancel it, can my wife buy that phone than and do the contract instead of having to order again? she has everything in good condition. and wat happens to the phone if i cancel the df order? dont they just sell that phone to the first person that comes and wants to buy it

6. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

hey you can usually pay for the liscense renewal online and be able to print a temporary piece of paper that shows the liscense is valid until the photo card comes in the mail. i dont see how he could say no i f you do that considering its good enough for cops

7. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

wats the website? and i dont have a printer but hell ill buy a printer right now lol

8. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Why the hell are your parents there with you if you have a wife?

Sounds to me like you are a 12 year old making up stories.

9. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

couldnt you just use your passport for identification instead? does it have to be a drivers license?

11. docwoz macrumors newbie

you don't have time because you 'work' to get a new licence, but you have enough time to wait for an iphone??

It's called priorities.

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Attached Files:

• imo.png
      imo.png
      File size:
      174.9 KB
      Views:
  13. javier36963 thread starter macrumors newbie

no at&t store 2 minutes from my house i can go walking , driver license deparment 2 and a half from my house, online renewal i dont trust anyway i just want a answer can basically my wife pay for that phone than and activate instead of ordering again and waiting 1 month for the stupid phone, is just a phone is not like im buying a house seriously lol

14. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

exactly!

To the OP, if you can find the time to post in an internet forum, then you DEFINITELY have the time to do a little research to find out the procedure on how to renew your license.

15. docwoz macrumors newbie

This is jibberish. Use punctuation -- it's a beautiful thing!

16. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Let me ask the question no one has asked yet...WHY can't you renew your license? You told us your At&t story...you might as well tell us that story too. Maybe this will help us understand your iPhone saga a little more.