So this is weird... My dec 18 phone is apparently going to be here tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kadify, Nov 2, 2017.

1. kadify macrumors regular

Ever since I ordered my phones, I was told that one particular phone on a certain number would be a dec 18 delivery, which later got bumped to dec 4. I even went into an AT&T store and had them confirm the shipment date for each phone number I ordered with and have the printout stating what the shipping date was scheduled to be BUT I just got an email from AT&T with a tracking number for this phone number and the phone is going to be here tomorrow o_O How weird right? Like I'm not complaining at all, it's just super strange that as recent as yesterday when I went to the AT&T store it was showing a december delivery.

2. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Perhaps some cancelled their orders and you got bumped up.

3. kadify thread starter macrumors regular

A whole month? IDK maybe. PLUS I had 3 other phones within the same order. One from the beginning was scheduled for tomorrow delivery, but the other two were scheduled for 11/27 delivery and so far I haven't been updated of a tracking number for them so I don't think they were bumped up. It's weird that the furthest out order was bumped but not the other 2.

I was offically charged for each of the phones though so maybe the other 2 will be bumped up shortly as well?

4. RedRage00 Suspended

Because demand isn't as high as Apple is making it out to be. Even on the Apple website shipping went from 4-6 weeks to 3-4 already.

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

6. kadify thread starter macrumors regular

7. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

It the highest ever selling launch day iPhone.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    That's not what the article says. Demand is 125% higher than the previous high which was the iPhone 6. Not that supply is 125% higher.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

It says its the largest product launch in Apples history and probably history.

9. kadify thread starter macrumors regular

Regardless of how many phones apple has or didn't have, it's still kind of strange the way AT&T is upgrading shipment haphazardly. Though I guess it makes sense since they assigned allocations haphazardly, which is why 3/4 phones of my order originally weren't supposed to be deliver until later.

10. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

If that was the case my delivery would bump as well from 11/17-24 to 11/10 or something but it hasn’t bumped at all...

11. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

Right because it sold 125% more pre launch units than the 6. Has nothing to do with supply.

12. RedRage00 Suspended

Well that sucks.

13. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Yeah it does....so i’m wondering if the system got screwed up or aomething...

14. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

It's called luck, fate, if it's meant to be it will be etc and so forth

Buy a lottery ticket tomorrow if you're feeling that brave

15. Ghost31 macrumors 68030

Ghost31

If there is a shortage, then Apple is “artificially creating demand by barely making any phones”. If they make enough phones so there’s ONLY a 4 week wait, then nobody is buying them.

Nobody is ever happy. Nomatter what happens someone will always have something negative to say. If apple cured cancer someone would say “ok fine. But now we’re dealing with overpopulation because less people are dying. Stupid Apple!”

16. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

From Apple's 4th quarter results announced today, as reported by Daring Fireball:

"Guidance for next quarter is insane: “revenue between $84 billion and $87 billion”. Last year for the holiday quarter Apple reported $78.4 billion in revenue, which was a record for the company. Even the low end of Apple’s guidance would shatter that record."

I'm guessing they fixed their iPhone X supply problem and are able to meet a very high demand better than expected. Clearly from the numbers above, they expect to sell plenty. I don't think they have a demand problem.

Also from what some of the early reviews are saying, once these get in the hands of folks and their friends and family see them in person, they are liable to get a lot more orders.

17. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Update Program?

18. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Tim Cook supply chain.. the man is amazing!!

19. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Maybe you got special treatment because someone from Apple thought you were Limahl from Kajagoogoo.

20. rawCpoppa macrumors 6502

So I order at 3:13 am. Pay for my iPhone in full via gift card. Get 2-3 weeks shipping date yet someone with a December date gets their phone at launch day while there is zero movement with my order?

I'm happy for you OP. Enjoy the X.

21. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

I guess apple took time from sep 22 to oct 27 to make as many as possible so not to disappoint ppl in holiday season.

22. kadify thread starter macrumors regular

Yes used ATT premier to upgrade my lines but originally only one phone was set for delivery tomorrow despite all phones being on the same order.

Who?

Thanks I hope yours comes soon. I think carrier supply numbers are a lot higher than usual.

23. ARSC macrumors 6502

This is the new apple under Mr.cook.

also, delivery dates bumped from 5-6 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Cook commented that the iPhone X is ramping up production more every week. I imagine by mid to maye December, shipping times perhaps could be down to one or two weeks.