So those of you with a 6+ for he first time, what do you think?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kidarkade, Sep 26, 2015.

1. kidarkade macrumors newbie

kidarkade

I went from a 6 to a 6s+ and I love the screen! Haven't had a ton of issues with it at all even after doing s restore and getting the 9.1 beta on it.

One thing though that is still keeping me on the fence is the weight of it. I have friends with the 6+ and the weight difference between the 6+ and the 6s+ is actually quite noticeable.

The one thing I loved about the 6 was how light it was. I could hold it for hours without an issue the 6s+ though, the weight is definitely noticeable after long term use.

I'm a bit of a power user so this is a big deal for me. In going to give it a week before I make my final decision (taking it back and getting a 6s)

LOVE 3D Touch though!

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I also went from a 6 to a 6s+ and I love it for the most part. The battery life isn't really as good as I was expecting as it's not even noon yet and I only have 28% left on low power mode. There's also a little sliver or something under the display glass which I'll probably swap out at the Apple Store for an att unit with band 30. Other than that, it's awesome. I dig the size a lot. I can type with one hand if need be but it's much quicker and faster with two.

3. vintimus macrumors regular

vintimus

Absolutely love it. I guess my hands are larger than I thought, having no issues with the size of it.

4. frickingphil macrumors newbie

The first 30 minutes: Holy f*** this phone is big

After the first 30 minutes: Nevermind big, holy f*** this thing is awesome how did live without this form factor?!

Using 6's now feels like a phone for ants.

Funny thing is I'm 5'2" and have comparatively tiny hands, so I didn't think I'd like the bigger form factor, but man it's great. On reddit, someone figured that it's probably because both phones are awkward for me to use with one hand, so I'm not super invested in one-handed use, hence the bigger phone not being any more of an inconvenience compared to the regular 6 size.

Wow, and I thought I was doing bad with 64% at 11:30am without charging the phone overnight. Wonder wtf happened to yours, lol

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I went 6 to 6S plus. Overall happy with it but still adjusting to the size. Afraid I'm going to drop it if try to use it one handed while standing.

6. Travis85904 macrumors newbie

Yea I got the plus version and received yesterday (launch day) and am having no problems with the screen size. Actually I love it. I am a transplant tho, as i'm switching from a droid turbo with a 5.2" screen if that's and consolation

7. celly macrumors 6502

5s to 6s Plus.

Didn't take long to love it. I have 50 year old eyes and as much as the 5s is a great phone, the 6s Plus is that much better for so many reasons.

8. pyxie macrumors newbie

I went from a 5c to the 6s plus so a pretty big jump. My old phone can fit just inside the screen of my new one. But I'm loving it. I really wasn't sure if I would. Last year when the 6 and 6 plus came out, I wasn't quite ready to upgrade but I would have gone with the 6 if I had. I just thought the plus was way too big. Now I'm sold on it.

9. DashSatan macrumors 6502

The only reason I'm hesitant with going to the 6s + is cause of carrying it around. I have the 6 right now and I like the size but I would love the larger battery and bigger screen. I'm just worried about carrying it in my pockets cause my jeans are pretty tight. I don't want it to be uncomfortable.

10. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

I love it. I was coming from a 4.7" screen 2013 Moto X, so the screen of the 6s Plus feels so gloriously large and comfortable. The phone itself isn't even as hard to hold as I imagined it would be. I'm getting used to it pretty quickly.

11. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Went from 6 to 6s plus and I'm a small woman- barely 5 feet. It does feel hefty and with a speck clear case it's even more bulky than normal but I would rather have the case on than not. Compared to my 6 this feels like a monster but I love it!

12. philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

I'm coming from the 5s to the 6s plus. Loving the screen size. The 5s now looks like a toy. I am retraining myself to be in two-hand mode for most things. Having the Apple Watch for mundane notifications helps a lot. When I use the iPhone it's usually at times when both hands are free anyway.

13. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

Initially bought a 6. Sold it and bought a 6+.

Love the screen but that's about it. Maybe if apple actually provided a version of IOS for a 6+ to utilize the real estate I'd appreciate it more. Basically they've only allowed the orientation of the app layout to switch to landscape which as far as I'm concerned is only helpful when the developer of an app has added a landscape view to their app when you open it. Allowing ipad apps on the 6+ would fix this issue IMO.

Until then I'm swapping it for a a 6s as soon as the opportunity presents itself.