So, to all the "I called and..." people, do we have a white iPhone at launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeyondtheTech, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Considering there have been a number of threads saying yes and no and giving mixed signals at various Apple stores and other third-party retailers...

Now that 7AM has hit the east coast and stores are now selling to the walk-ins and reservers...

Do you see people buying and picking up white iPhones? Did you get one?

2. surferfb macrumors regular

surferfb

just got back from picking up mine at the Apple Store, I didn't see any white iPhones. Although I wasn't looking incredibly hard, I think I would have noticed the different box.

3. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Tens of thousands of people online and hundreds viewing the board, and no one with an answer?

4. puggles macrumors regular

No white phones at my apple store....only black bumpers too

5. vmagg88 macrumors member

vmagg88

I only had the option to get black, which is what I wanted anyways. Posting from the iPhone 4 now!

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There is a story on the main page saying that Apple issued a press release stating there would be no white iPhones until later. Why must there be another thread on this? Do you not believe Apple's press release?

7. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Well, 1. people were adamant that they were going to get white iPhones at launch and supposedly confirmed it, and 2. white iPhones HAVE been manufactured and shown - maybe not as mass produced - so, the idea of a "limited amount" and rumors of "limited edition" may have actually had some truth to it.

Is this extra thread throwing your style off or making you feel rather uncomfortable?

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

So random people's posts on a forum may have more truth than an Apple press release regarding Apple's supply of white iPhones? Right . . . :rolleyes:

9. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I'm not disputing or questioning Apple's press release. I am merely mentioning the fact that there may have been a limited amount floating out there, even if it's subject to a recall, based on rumors on this site. This is a rumor site, no? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Rumors are just rumors until the facts prove them otherwise. In this case, Apple's press release proved those rumors incorrect.

11. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just like the thread "you're not going to get your iPhone before the 24th!" I'm still LOL'ing at that one.

12. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Thank you for proving my point. That was just a comment that a member posted and then Apple proved it incorrect.

13. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

I realize they aren't for sale until July, but did the Apple stores have white display models setup for people to play with?

14. Floyd26 macrumors member

This is what apple said............just google it

Statement by Apple on White iPhone 4

White models of Apple's new iPhone® 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected, and as a result they will not be available until the second half of July. The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected.

15. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

I think the OP is trying to appeal to those who said they confirmed their best buy's were getting white iphones, to post pictures since yes it's 9:13 am on the east coast here some should have theirs. I think the guy that posted the you tube video was in CA so might have to wait a little longer to see if he really got one :)

16. TaylorBoi macrumors member

Nope no white iPhones a the Apple Store i was at. A lot of people asked about it though.

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

18. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I was in the line the AM at my local Apple store. First thing they did when everyone got into the mall was to go up and down the lines yelling that they have no white iPhones in stock for sale. Only black. :D Some people actually did walk out of line at that point.

19. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

because crow doesn't taste very good...