Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Was it worth it? Is the lack of Installer and the ability to install programs you found useful worth it. Now, lemme rephrase this, because I know that those who absolutely HATED their jailbroken iPhone's (for bugginess, or slowness, or what have you) will absolutely jump this thread....So, for those who LOVED thier jailbroken iPhones but found the 1.1.3 update to be far to tempting to deny, was it now, in hindsight, worth it?

I ask because I am still on a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with 3 pages worth of apps and many of the new features in 1.1.3 are very desirable to me. Scanning my 3 pages of apps, I can honestly say there are only two that I use religiously: Mobilescrobbler and Money. I think I've found replacement's for both so I can still use their functionalities after I upgrade to 1.1.3, but I am also keeping in mind that I can't DOWNGRADE after I update (at least not yet) and 1.1.3 hasn't been jailbroken yet (and please, if you are reading this and have found an exploit, please don't release it until the next firmware hits...*Think about it, it's fairly easy to realize why*). I also am keeping in mind that Apple hasn't released any info yet on the whole SDK apps thing and how much the apps will cost and if any will be free (as mobilescrobbler would be free if it could be).

Anyway, do you regret upgrading? Was it worth it?

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
It wasn't worth it at all. I did it mainly for the new Maps functionality which isn't functional at all.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Since I am running all my email through GMAIL and it
has suddenly been changed from a POP3 to IMAP....

Yes, I am very disappointed!

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I had a jailbroken 1.1.1 also and took the plunge to 1.1.3 after hesitating for about a day.

I'm TOTALLY happy. The wow factor of the jailbroken stuff wore off for me and I really had no huge benefit to hold out any longer. I love the new features in 1.1.3 and with the SDK around the corner, I am happy I made the decision to go back to being "official." I notice slightly more solid performance now too which is nice.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Don't miss it at all

I upgraded as well and I must say I don't miss it at all...the only thing I truly miss is the summerboard...other than that I say take the plunge and just wait for SDK...but just to let you know, 1.1.3 has been jailbroken, however the instructions won't come out until SDK is released...so you can wait for that too if you want to keep your apps for now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.