So uh.. paranoid about my old 3GS. I restored, that should delete EVERYTHING, right?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duelingdragons, Jun 30, 2010.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I sold my 3GS on eBay.
    It was jailbroken and running 3.1.3, so I restored in iTunes, and it updated the phone to 4.0

That should delete absolutely everything, correct?
    I took the SIM out too so I didn't get a chance to browse the phone before I shipped it out. (that was my stupidity)

2. jlmitnick macrumors regular

Yeah, if you restored it and didn't load it up from one of your backups you're fine. Did you advertise that it was jailbroken and unlocked though cause based on what you just said it's no longer jailbroken/unlocked.

3. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Nah, I advertised as with 4.0

Thanks man, whew!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you're good.
    As long as you didnt plug it to itunes and restore from your backup then everything is gone the way it is now.

5. scharlston macrumors newbie

did you go to settings --->store---->sign out? if not go to your itunes and change our password! i just jailbroke/unlocked my iphone 3g for a buddy im giving it to, and the itunes store still had my info on it...may want to just in case!

6. og1 macrumors regular

i noticed this today as well. i unplugged my phone when it restarted after firmware install, never even got o the restore from backup or setup as new, yet it had my account associated in the appstore and itunes store.