So uhh..anyone live near me and would be kind enough to enable multi touch gestures?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WiiDSmoker, Mar 13, 2011.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

So, I don't have a Mac, but I would really love to get Multi-touch gestures on my iPad. I wouldn't mind paying a little bit to get this enabled. Anyone in the Nashville, TN area?

2. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

i found out how you can enable multi-touch gestures on your ipad.

you have to buy and download XCode from the Mac App Store ($4.99), and it's about 4.3 GB or somethin like that, then you follow the directions here. it's really, really easy. i found this yesterday by chance on twitter, because i'm not a dedicated gizmodo reader or anything. i don't know how you could do it without having a mac though and the xcode.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5780541/how-to-activate-the-best-secret-feature-in-your-ipad

1. Purchase Xcode 4 and install it.
    2. Launch Xcode and connect your iPad to your computer. It will appear in the Xcode's devices list.
    3. Click on the "Use for development" button.
    4. When it asks you to enter your iOS developer credentials in the dialog box, click cancel. It will give you an error. Disregard it.
    5. Once the developer mode activation is completed, go to your iPad general preferences menu and turn on the new multi-gestures.

it kinda sucks that it takes up so much space for xcode but whatever, i think it's pretty cool to have on the ipad.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

He/She doesn't have a Mac (Xcode is only for Mac's)

OP, I remember seeing a thread this morning about how to enable Gestures on an your iPad using Windows, but either I can't find it or it was moved, I'll post back if I can track it down.

Edit:
    Using Mroogle.com I was able to find the topic from 3 hrs ago, but it has been deleted.

it was the first result
    http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google kept the first part of that post.
    I'm guessing the thread was deleted because it contained a link to a pirated copy of OS X. To execute this method, you need a trial version of VMWare Workstation, and a legitimate copy of OS X. The person who posted that thread had found a pirated copy that worked, but it took them a few tries to find it.

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

You could always try plugging it in to a Mac at an Apple store - they all have Xcode installed.

Not sure if the employees would care, so do this at your own risk...

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

This was going to be my suggestion too :)

Especially as I don't live near the OP.