So...um... I break my phones a lot. But I want an iPhone. Any good phone/case combo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skoobey, Apr 8, 2015.

1. skoobey macrumors newbie

As it states, I've been dragging this ancient phone around for 5 years, it's one of those super tough models, but now that it's battery is no longer lasting a week, more like a day or two, mic is not working right anymore...

not to mention I can't have apps etc.

I think I really need an iPhone.

So, wondering is 5c less or more prone to breaking compared to the 5s or 6?

I really want one of these cases and I know they're good, so I guess that's enough protection for drops off the desk every couple of days onto a wooden floor?

http://www.spigen.com/

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not many devices will put up with constant dropping for years.

Otterbox makes great cases for iPhones.

No iPhone will give you anywhere near a whole week.

Maybe a new battery for that rugged flip phone ?:rolleyes:

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Battery won't last a week. Sounds like a serious problem.....

A new flip phone should take care of that.

4. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not a flip phone, it's a monoblock Nokia, and it is a smartphone. :D

Until a couple of months ago I had Skpye, What's App, Gmail working on it and it was just fine.

Now that none of those apps is supported anymore, I need a new smartphone, and iPhone is the only choice, since Android interface is just a mess, way to ugly for my taste.

If I turn off mobile internet/wi fi/bluetooth and notifications, and only use phone for like half an hour a day, can I get 3 days out of the iPhone? I'm really a light user.

Also, is the 5c less prone to breakage? Or I can just get the 6 and not worry about it?

5. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

just charge your phone every day. I don't know why people go to such lengths to get multiple days. you sleep every night, correct? in a bed? in a house? with outlets? then plug your phone into one when you sleep and remove it when you wake up.

there's no need to make this so complicated.

----------

also the 5c isn't "less prone to breakage". it's plastic. the screen is just as likely to break.

get whatever iPhone you want and get an Otterbox or something similar. you'll be fine.

6. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point, I'll just get a brick phone for when I go camping and skiing. :) One day really is enough.

I need to check my mail for work often, and even get my skype anywhere in the city. Which all of the iPhones give me.

Is there some real advantage to the iPhone 6+ over 6 as far as e-mailing goes, is the keyboard easier to type(both hands, I use both hands anyway even on my current phone)?

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Battery lasting one or two days? I would love that battery life. I get 2 hours of usage...

8. eko91 macrumors regular

Spigen

I heard that Spigen is a good brand! But I do not know which phone case you are particularly looking at! Like I've stated in a lot of my posts, I always look up the case on Amazon and read the reviews! This only takes a few minutes, but it also reassures you that the product is really good. You do not want to waste your money on a product that isn't worth spending! Here is a link with most of the Spigen cases on Amazon.

9. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Amazon reviews are a great reference, but YouTube reviews can be better in some ways. If you choose a reviewer that seems to focus on the areas that interest you, you can get the perspective of a person who has looked at lots and lots of cases, rather than just the one or two that your average Amazon reviewer might have experience with. I do YouTube reviews (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHxA_q3cXYYx8d1svHkFRZw/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid), but I tend to focus on things like fit, finish and quality. From what you've said about your needs, the YouTube reviewer you should follow is Mobile Reviews Eh (https://www.youtube.com/user/ASDIncYYC). He's this cool guy from Canada who drop tests and generally abuses cases, and then reports the results. Great reviewer.

Good luck!

Kristin

10. skoobey thread starter macrumors newbie

Perfect!