So what’s the first thing you’ll do when you receive your iPhone X this Friday ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Bigglesworth, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Mr.Bigglesworth macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

Going to activate it, wait for all my stuff to sync up.

Then take a drive to the Apple store and get the brick for quick charging and a case. I’ll be on the GO since we are going to go see Thor Ragnarok at 7:00. And I have to get a haircut all in between FML.

I literally only have like 3 hours to get all of this done from the time I get home till we go to the movies. Hopefully the phone can keep up lol. I’m going in a group of like 12 people including my beautiful girlfriend who is also a huge brat. I am the only one out of all of them who will have the X so I know everyone is going to want to use it, take pictures, selfies and just touch it. Including my girl who will probably have it most of the night. Omg no one better drop it.

#FirstWorldProblems

2. HDFan macrumors 65816

Head to the Apple Store and have them use their special machine to install a screen protector. And buy a case.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Will go to the Apple store and buy the Apple Watch series 3 with cellular Nike edition and pay using face ID :)

4. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Set up the phone, then get ready to work this weekend.

Hope you enjoy your weekend though!

5. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

i will dance like "David" danced:D. Actually when mine turns up i'd try my hardest to hide from work colleagues...

6. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

Drop it probably

Grab a coffee

Drink it on the way back to my car... Might catch a glimpse at some of the pretty women in their summer dresses?

7. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Hide the body of the person I had to club on the head as they were skipping out of the mall where our store's located, to get it.

On the plus side, it should still be dark-ish at 8am...so that'll help. :D

8. balzz macrumors regular

9. simonds79 macrumors newbie

simonds79

The first thing I will do is to drop mine from a helicopter about 25,000 feet in the air to try and get more subs.

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

11. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Why don't you get the stuff you need from the Apple Store prior to Friday? That'd save you some time.

As for me, I have the day off. I will pick it up early in the AM at the UPS hub, activate it, restore from back up and play with it all day.

12. Mr.Bigglesworth thread starter macrumors regular

Mr.Bigglesworth

What.

They have a machine that installs screen protectors ? So no more middle of the mall, dry ashy fingers doing it anymore ?

Awesome ! I can imagine how precise it is.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 30, 2017 ---
    Thanks ! I’m so excited. I’m mainly more stoked about the movie than anything. We have a specia IMAX theater here in New England. The screen is 4 stories high and there’s subwoofers under the seats !

With a fudruckers inside the building.

Omg CMON FRIDAY

13. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Return home, backup, restore, pair AW3, suit up the screen protector/case, then an iPhone X photoshoot, play with all its features, decide if I want to purchase Call of Duty WWII, the list goes on, but at least I’m off on Friday.

14. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

I’m going to my local Apple Store too that day despite my iPhone being shipped to me. I’m probably just going to grab a case but I also like to see all the people at the store on a launch day.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nothing, since I'll not have an iPhone X :eek:

Its great so many people can enjoy Apple's latest and greatest, and I mean no disrespect to the OP or others getting, but this Friday will be like every other Friday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My routine:

1. Power on - make sure all the pixels are where they should be. Then shut it down. If good...
    2. Take it to the bathroom -- no windows so less Microparticles floating around -- and unwrap and quickly apply screen protector. I find it's better to do it at this point because the glass is factory clean and 100% dust free.
    3. Pop in the SIM from my previous iPhone and do a restore from backup on my iMac.
    4. Bring out the cases contenders and figure out which to keep.
    5. With the recent neutering of the App Store in iTunes I'll then re-download my apps.
    6. Re-pair all my devices
    7. Re-add my Apple Pay CCs
    8. With some sadness, decommission my previous iPhone, return to factory settings, re-pack in product box and put on eBay.
    9. Marvel at my new toy for a few days
    10. Peruse MR and other Apple Sites for info on the next iPhone (that I won't be buying but it's still fun to read about).

17. laptech macrumors 6502

laptech

I think there will be some enterprising people who will try that, buttID, willyID, vagID and boobID

I can also imagine there will be FunnyFaceID (pulling funny faces) and FaceMaskID (wearing masks such as Halloween or starwars)

18. PSUGrad07 macrumors regular

PSUGrad07

Hmmm, what a genius idea to get more subs and views. Youtube views have been down lately, so I'll have to consider such thing to get more subs and views. :p:D:cool:

On the other hand, this brings up a good question, who else will have an iphone x reveal and post it on their youtube channel? :Do_O

19. Appl3FTW, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017

Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Gotta say Ragnarok is going blow everything out of the water.

20. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I will probably get my iPhone all set up, apps organized, pair my S3 AW, etc. Probably try to take some artsy pictures of my cat and fish lol. I also need to go to a Verizon corporate store to try to get my account stuff switched around. I've got an extra line I don't need, a phone to trade in, and a balanced to pay off.

21. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Stupidly, in my rush to get my order in I had it shipped to my home. I won't be home until about 5:30 PM that day. So I will be sitting in my office worried that my phone gets home OK and that someone doesn't steal it from my doorstep. I really need to get a camera for my doorstep. #firstworldprobz

22. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

I’ll pick it up, go back to work, restore from backup and go about my business.

23. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

Same but will get the ceramic AW. Lol I really want it.

I will send animojis to people.

24. Mackneezie macrumors regular

Mackneezie

Hope you have a signature in UPS or FedEx! That was my worry is that it would keep shipping to my house when I am not at home and the shipment requires a signature. Just a heads up ;)

I'm doing in-store pickup to ensure I get it that day. Just going after work to get it since I didn't get off for launch day this year.