so, what am i supposed to do with my batteries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, May 16, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok so my iPhone 5, launch day as well as my iPad 3, bought in january and my iPod touch 5th gen got for free in april, i have never let the battery die. should i? or does it matter. the lowest my iPhone and iPad have been is 17%. should i let them die?

2. Knockworstface macrumors regular

Knockworstface

Yes. At least once a month you should let the battery completely die. .......I think. :D

Just let the batteries exhaust themselves while on a trek to Subway or something. :D

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If you trust Apple's design specifications and knowledge of their own technology and follow their guidelines. Sure. Otherwise, no.

4. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

well the thing is, i have been told its bad for your battery, good for it, it calibrates your screen, etc and i just am never sure.

apple also says NOT to jailbreak, but i do that anyways. not on this device though.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

6. Bear macrumors G3

Letting them get to 0% and stay that way for any length of time is bad for them. iOS devices tend to shutoff somewhere between 5% and 10% remaining power (depending on device/iOS version), so I would say it's safe to let it get that low, but you should recharge it right away.

Rather good advice.

7. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

try everytime is possible to get to red zone of battery indicator to reach red and fully charge and you will be fine