So What Color and Size Did You Buy Today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple Ink, Jul 11, 2008.

?

What color and size did you purchase?

1. Black 8GB

36 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Black 16GB

83 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. White 16GB

92 vote(s)
    44.9%
  1. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

How was your experience at the store and how satisfied are you with the color/looks/feel of your new iPhone?

2. stagfish macrumors newbie

my At&t store only got 40 and there was 50 people in line , so I go to apple store in kenwood and there was a line from one end to the other ,at least 300 peoples...... but anyway called the wife and she landed me a white one in maysville..... that was close

3. ShadowFox1450 macrumors member

Got a 16gb Black. Got to the store at 8:01, waited about an hour and ten minutes to move 15 feet and get inside. No big deal for me, but now with all the activation issues, kinda screwed things up ya know?

4. mjones77 macrumors newbie

I got the black 8GB one :D. I don't really use much space so the 16GB doesn't really help me out. was only using about 2GB on my 1st gen 8GB.

5. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

As far as I'm concerned...if they don't have a black 16GB...they don't get my business till they can get me one. I won't settle for 8GB or White. Still waiting till I can get one.

6. Apple Ink thread starter macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

In which store are you that doesn't have 16GB BLACK. I thought everybody had those!:confused:

7. hmfic macrumors member

Went to get a black but i ended up getting the second to last white one.

8. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

white 16gb

it is pure sex ;)

the att store had 60 and i was number 30

surprised they still had white ones

arrived at 0730, left at 0930 happy :D

9. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Rocking the white one!

Attached Files:

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

I got the white one. I got to the store about two hours prior and they were serving refreshments, great experience. They had about 150 phones at the store, and there were about 125 in line. I think that pretty much everyone got what they wanted. We got in the store about fifty minutes after launch and I was out in under fifteen minutes, activation took less than 8 minutes.

11. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Well I haven't been in a store...since I can't actually get my phone until tomorrow at the earliest. However, I did check two AT&T stores this morning just before opening and they each had 30-40+ people in line, and with what people have said there's anywhere between 20-40 phones per store total ...which means they'll probably run out.

But you haven't exactly been reading the forum have you...plenty of stores have been selling out.

12. 03sho macrumors 6502a

13. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I got a 16 gig white one, the last one in the store. The last 2 8 gig blacks went to the two people behind me.

All that was left are the ugly 16 gig black ones.

14. c23roo macrumors regular

Got a big handful of nothing.
    7 different area AT&T stores sold out. Got to my first one at 7:30 (earliest I could get out because I worked overnight.)

Guess I should have called out sick.. ;)

15. brvheart macrumors 6502

16. Apple Ink thread starter macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Sorry, I myself have been out to get my iPhone (White). Mine was an Apple, and by the looks of it, they had plenty!!!:eek::D

17. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Got the last 16gb black, and the 4th to last iPhone in the store. Many, many more people in line after this at&t store sold out. No docks.

18. ctnguye3 macrumors member

I walked in with the intention of getting the Black 16GB, but after picking it up (the display models) and noticing all the fingerprints and smudges, I decided to get the white, no regrets, love it! :D

19. Warpdrv macrumors member

Got the last 16gig Black from At&T, they as most stores had 20 8gig black, and 10 16gig black, 10 16gig white...

If I couldn't get a black, I would have chosen a white....

Got a black Incipio rubber condom to protect it, and it fits nicely, was exactly what I wanted for protection.

Still haven't gotten to be able to update the phone via Itunes, as its still timing out... Nice phone that I can't use... bahhh :rolleyes:

20. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

Arrived at the Apple Flatirons Crossing store in surburban Denver at 3:45 am because my 2 springer spaniels decided to get up early today for some reason. I was first in line and was let into the store at 8am. It took 25 minutes to process the order (current AT&T iPhone customer) because the servers were all jammed.

When I left the line was very long and at least 150-200 people long.

I bought a 16gb white and the Apple store employee told me all the employees were buying the white model.

Now I sit here at home unable to activate through iTunes because of the backlog. Should have waited until next week.

What a waste of time!

21. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Nothing but blissful :apple: LOVE for my new 16GB WHITE iPhone.

The black, in person is damn hella ugly! You see that nasty finger grease ALL over it, gross! At least you can't see it on white. :D

22. Damon Hill macrumors regular

With all the talk about white being the ugly stepchild nobody wanted...looks like black can take that crown now. :D

White 16GB for me.

23. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I copped a White 16GB iPhone 3G :)

I saw the black one and I wasn't impressed. I'm glad I had my mind set on a white one! It's so CLEAN looking

24. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

White 16GB :D Got REAL lucky at #40 in line because they said they were getting low in stock right before I got in the door and there were still 15 other people ordering. White seems to be very popular here in the US...which I found funny since the article about the Australians that were having a hard time selling the white ones. Love my phone! Now, if I could just get it to sync! :mad:

25. Alith macrumors 6502

I would have preferred a white 16GB but O2 UK had a small handful of black 16GBs which sold out in a flash and some black 8GB so black 8GB it had to be. I'll try again for a white one on the next refresh though.