So what do i need to watch the 3/7 event live

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

From my iPhone

I dont want to read live updates , i want to watch it live

Is there an app or a website oN safari that will stream live ?

2. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

Not as far as I know.

Every reputable blog is going to be there. It's hard enough for them to update w/ tweets and photos as all the wifi and data are overburdened. Can't imagine anyone having the bandwidth to upload a livestream, let alone capture a decent resolution video with good audio.

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Most likely no live stream. But there are a ton of sites out there that give pretty good coverage of what's happening.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

LOL. :D This is the most accurate answer.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I thought it would make great use of the "iTunes Live" feature on the ATV to stream the Keynotes.

Highly unlikely but you never know.

7. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I've often wondered why they don't live stream their stuff. Best guess I can come up with is that they don't want to (or aren't allowed to) hog the bandwidth where ever they are in fear that it would 1.) create a production headache and 2.) be a detriment to the presentation they are doing (like when they had so many issues with the iPhone 4 presentation because of all of the WiFi connected devices in the room).

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Yeah true. It would be murder!

9. HeezyBear macrumors regular

Apple will tape the event and post it on their website. Earliest you'll be able to see it is a few hours after the event.

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Plus an invite from Apple.

11. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Check the live blogs if you want information almost as soon as its presented. Most likely, it will be filmed but no live video feed. I think for the iPhone 4S the video was up that day, or the day after.

12. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

These, OR you can wait until they post the Keynote to the website usually a few hours after the event is over.

13. stordoff macrumors regular

It wouldn't take that much bandwidth on site to live stream the event. It's just a single video stream, which can then be passed to a CDN to do the heavy-lifting.

14. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

The only reason they don't do it is because they want all of the free press they get from people furiously updating the tech blogs. They tried their own stream once in the last couple years, and it seemed to me like they didn't get as much coverage. That's not to say they didn't get a lot, just not as much. That's also just my impression, I could easily be wrong.