Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Hah I was going to create this topic too. I'm really hoping so :). I can't wait. I love my iPad and Beta 2 was rock solid for me. So I can't wait to see what Beta 3 brings.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes, I posted this Monday night

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Beta 2 was incredibly stable for me (aside from the Settings --> Sound) quirk. Hoping for good things for Beta 3.

I just wish ABC would update their player -- surely their devs have realized that it won't work with 4.2 now. NYT Crosswords too.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Any idea when the final version will be out??? Would love to get the latest Beta version but I take it you need to be a Apple developer to get your hands on it, correct??

Yes, as with all beta's you need to be a registered developer.

Final version sometime in November.

Pinger

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2010
Northeast
you dont need to be a developer, just get hold of the new beta (google it) and then select update instead of restore in itunes

What about the warnings:
A final warning: If you plan to seek alternate means of acquiring and installing 4.2 beta firmware for iDevices, don't. You may very well render your iPhone or iPad inoperative. The OS will not work without an accompanying developer certificate.

Bricking this iPad would break my heart :eek:

scar88

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
London
What about the warnings:
A final warning: If you plan to seek alternate means of acquiring and installing 4.2 beta firmware for iDevices, don't. You may very well render your iPhone or iPad inoperative. The OS will not work without an accompanying developer certificate.

does that warning come with all the betas or is it specifically this? its put me off!:eek:

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
What about the warnings:

How... many.... times. You don't need a developer account if you run the beta firmware as an update, instead of a restore.

matins

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
How... many.... times. You don't need a developer account if you run the beta firmware as an update, instead of a restore.

actually you don't need a developer account neither for the restore. I updated beta 1 as an update, than beta 2 as a restore (don't know why I couldn't as an update) and beta 3 as a restore again (as I wanted a clean iOs)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.