So what happened to all the 6 Plus delay rumors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macman41, Sep 10, 2014.

1. macman41 macrumors newbie

It seemed to me there were some pretty recent rumors saying the 6 plus wouldn't be ready to be available for a little while longer than the 6. Guess not?

2. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

3. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Quite happy they were not true, as I was debating if I should get the smaller iPhone 6 now or wait till whenever to get the larger one. Now thats not a problem and the 6+ here I come

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

The only outstanding issue here is whether or not there will be a shortage. It's very possible that instead of delaying it they will just have a very limited supply from the get-go.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm impressed by how well they kept the leaks under wrap specifically for the 5.5 model (with only 1 official leaked part compared to the 4.7 model). How did they manage to do that if they're both mass produced at the same time?

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Instead of a delay, they will just ship with limited quantities I bet. Those rumors weren't pulled from thin air.

If you want a Plus, you better preorder.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

My guess if there was limited supply, they wouldn't be doing pre-orders. Wasn't there rumors of limited supply of the 5s and no pre-orders?

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Looking back at it now, I feel silly for thinking they would delaythe release. Apple is better than that.

9. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

10. wxman2003 Suspended

There still may be huge delays with the Plus. All Apple said is you can preorder on the 12th. I'm sure there will be some in the stores, but only at the Apple stores? Who knows.

----------

5S had no preorder. Yes, there was a shortage at the stores, however, ordering online within the first 6 hours, you usually got the phone within a week.

11. wildonrio macrumors 6502

This. Last year they proudly announced that one of the three colors was gold, no strings attached. On launch day at my store I waited in line for, there were thousands of iPhone 5S's for sale, and only 4 of them were gold. Apple doesn't warn about low quantities. (P.S., I got one of the gold ones. :))

12. JAT macrumors 603

It's amazing how many posts at this forum can be answered by simply defining the word Rumor.