Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penfan82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Or if u want to keep some of the music iTunes match will never find like a 1989 Springsteen bootleg concert will we still have regular iTunes to add that stuff manually to our devices..? And with ios5 the devices being left out such as my 3rd gen iPod will we need to get new ones for apps to work etc

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Or if u want to keep some of the music iTunes match will never find like a 1989 Springsteen bootleg concert will we still have regular iTunes to add that stuff manually to our devices..? And with ios5 the devices being left out such as my 3rd gen iPod will we need to get new ones for apps to work etc

ipods would continue to be managed via tethering in itunes.

Ashka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
New Zealand

Of course there will still be iTunes. The iCloud match option for iTunes is only for the US. The rest of the world continues as before. You lot are just guinea pigs for the rest of us :D

RWinOR

macrumors 6502
I just went to I-Tunes, it is very cool how it will automatically sync the music from one device to another now.

The App store update was very nice as well. There was apps up there I had deleted a while ago and forgot I downloaded. Very nice improvements indeed!

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Apple said that music it cannot match you can upload to the cloud manually. So yes, you can continue to have all your music. Even bootleg albums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.