So - what is your opinion of your prior MacBook, after using the new one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by David58117, Nov 17, 2016.

1. David58117 macrumors 65816

I'm curious what other peoples opinion of their prior MacBook is, after using the new one.

2. cmaier macrumors G3

3. archimon macrumors regular

Made me realize just how good it was. This thing is better, sure, but it's hardly night and day.

4. vengapat macrumors regular

vengapat

I can't believe I lasted so long with a 12 inch screen.

5. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

2014 15 MBP feels 'old' in certain ways. Bigger bezel, got the flaking display issue, small trackpad, etc.

6. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

IMO, I think my MBA looks like a relic lol. I love this design, the smaller footprint in every way. I wondered how I lived with those thick gray bezels for so long, the non-retina display, limited ram, etc... I think this upgrade is a solid one over my previous Air.

7. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

Im coming from a 2008 unibody MacBook and the 2016 model makes it feel like a behemoth. I am pleasantly surprised by how thin the 2016 MBP is. I also love that I can get up to 11-12 hrs of batter off this thing when doing very light tasks. When doing heavier tasks, such as running a VM i get about 2-3 hrs on battery. I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but again I'm coming from a 2008 MBP that would get 2-3 hrs with light use and about 50 minutes with heavy tasks.

Im in love with the space gray, it is noticeably darker than the traditional silver.

8. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I'm coming from a 2011 MBP. Having migrated all my content and settings, it is definitely a vast improvement, but I think my old computer is still a good machine. If I was just a casual user I could probably get a couple more years out of it, but since I'm starting a career in web development I definitely appreciate the modern, sleek look, compact size and the crisp screen quality. As well as the convenience of touch ID, of course.

9. midtrains macrumors newbie

I had a non retina mbp and it just looks enormous now, I can't believe I lugged that thing around for so many years. It did just fine (until it died) but I'm amazed at how much of an upgrade this is. My old one just looks silly, but I do already miss how indestructible it felt.

10. brojan macrumors member

Made me appreciate my 2014. Keyboard, ports, etc. The touchbar novelty wore out quickly.

Also miss my old track pad.

Only thing I like more about my new one is the size. Lighter and great firm factor. It doesn't feel any snappier either.