So What Time Are You Going to Get to the Apple Store on June 24th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbg232, Jun 15, 2010.

?

What time will you be arriving for the iPhone launch?

1. The previous day on the 23rd and camp overnight

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. The previous night on the 23rd and camp overnight

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Early AM on the 24th

54 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Sometime during the day of the 24th

25 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. I'm staying away the 24th

20 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

2. cmwall macrumors regular

Not going. Being shipped to my house. :)

Smart person, I am.

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

on the 23rd;)

4. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just pre ordered mine, and since my apple store opens at 7 a.m. I'll probebly be there at 4 or 5, idk what you guys think?? is the pre order line gonna be long?? or I can go at anytime I want?

5. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I'm going Saturday, June 26 at 7AM (arriving at the store at 7AM). I know others will be there before me. Oh well. I plan to take a shower first before I go. Hopefully, I'll still get a phone.

6. Chromus macrumors regular

My brother and I will be showing up early in the morning. We won't be first, sure, but I just care about getting my phone ASAP. :D

7. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I are smart two has my phone shippt to my house.

that's just done for affect I know that whole sentence is wrong.

8. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

but why are you not going on the 24th?

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Since I reserved, then sometime during the day of the 24th.

11. Jizzles macrumors regular

Early morning...two reserves at apple but I need to buy two more. Hoping they'll let me do that

12. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I am going to work from home on the 24th, eagerly waiting for my iPhone 4...

13. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

If you reserved one for pickup at the apple store as long as you show up on the 24th you will get one correct? My first launch event and I'd hate to miss out on my iPhone 4 because I waited until after work to go! I've got a whopping 8 hours of vacation time left, would it be better to take off half a day or just go when I get off work at 430pm? I'm not worried about any launch excitement, all I want is the phone! If it matters for the purpose of answering my question, I live in Mississippi, so I highly doubt if they had some for walk ins that it would sell out! Lol just a bit behind here!

14. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I've got mine pre-ordered and had a thought to take a trip there on the 24th to see if there'd be any Bumpers available but...I don't know....

15. scotty3x3 macrumors newbie

Haha. Question is what time are we getting in line and people reply with "don't have to cause my preorder went through!" not the question guys. :)

I'm thinking I need to get there around 4 or 5 because I am going to need some sim card swapping. I know apple is opening at 7am but what about AT&T store? Does anyone know if they are opening early too? If they are opening at 7am also I will probably try to get there around 2 or 3 am.

16. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I have a job. I have a mortgage payment on my house. Job comes first. Then iPhone. :)

That's why I'm planning to go on Saturday morning.

I'm going to stop by the Apple Store during lunch and after work on the 24th, but I'll probably just be walking by because all the college kids and hourly workers that have the day off will likely be in line (oh yeah, and stay at home moms).

17. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

once the line gets moving, your in and out of an apple store within 30-40 mins

all the hype for nothing

my apple stores (NYC area) are STOCKED with phones up to the weekend ususally.

will get there in the morning with a big cup of coffee

18. eggmclovin macrumors member

eggmclovin

Yea I'll be at my local Apple store around 2 maybe 3am. I have a few friends that are coming along so hopefully we can all be near the front!

19. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I can understand that, I have a mortgage as well, just lucky to be off that day. hate to burst your bubble, but the pre-orders sold out in 1 day for the 24th delivery it maybe a good bet that they will sell out in stores as well, that said might be a waste of time going to the apple store on saturday you may want to pre order at best buy or radio shack if they still have them.

20. nvelker macrumors member

Early

I think I'll get there sometime between 3 and 4 am. Not that it's desirable to be up and about without coffee that early, but I've never participated in an apple event like this... so, as you can imagine, I am both horrified and thrilled.

Also, I was only able to pre-order one phone successfully, complete with a confirmation email. I still need a second one for my wife. So... early morning line, here I come.

I'll be at the apple store in Leawood, Kansas... anyone else?

21. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

Given that there are people who are going to wait starting the day of the 23rd now I wonder how many people are going to get there the 22nd - this is craziness.

22. fossen macrumors member

I was not able to get through yesterday for a preorder or reserve, so I'll be in line.

I'm in Salt Lake, and am thinking that 5:30 ish will be early enough. I have no desire to be first (or even early), I just want a launch day phone.

23. ihazapple macrumors newbie

I reserved one for my husband at the Clarendon VA store but I may go early (5 am) to the new Georgetown store in DC to get his phone. They wouldn't let me reserve it there so I will call to see if they are even going to be selling the iPhone.