So.... What's the best IPhone 6 glass screen protector as of now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JROC453, Oct 22, 2014.

1. JROC453 macrumors regular

Still can't find info about the best fitting screen protector for the iphone 6 a month after it has hit shelves. I have the Orzly Premium Tempered Glass Screen Guard - 0.24mm Protective Screen Protector installed right now. It is too large and extends past the curve of the screen and the edges don't lay flat. Bought two of them and installed one on my phone. Not happy with it. I have till Nov 20th to return it though Amazon.

I just ordered the Spigen Glass Slim [GLAS.tR SLIM] and should have that one tomorrow. I will remove the Orzly and try the Spigen tomorrow and see how that fits. I heard they changed the design and it should make a better fit. I don't mind the fack that the protector doesn't come to the edges. I would rather have a case friendly screen cover so I can use my cases. I like the idea of the Iloome and that it is full width of the screen but I don't want to run into issues with cases not fitting and causing the screen to lift.

Are their any others that fit well without edge lift? It seems like it's early in the game right now and all company's are trying to work on this. Who is VERY happy with their Glass screen protector at the moment and what are you using?;)

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I have the Zagg glass on my 6+. I like it so far. I had it installed at a mall kiosk. The third attempt worked for the techs.

3. maclove4life macrumors regular

zagg glass will crack...zagg hdx is lot better.

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Zagg HDX is not glass. He is asking for tempered glass recommendations.

5. maclove4life macrumors regular

yeah..i noticed that...i don't know if I can even recommend anyone with glass protection...i just wanted to let me know there's an alternate protection than glass....meh...oh well...

To Op: sorry for misleading...if you want glass...try zagg glass...

6. MushroomJesus macrumors regular

+1 on ZAGG Glass. Installed mine last weekend and it's been great so far. Also if you mess up the install they'll send you a free one until you get it right.

7. RMSko macrumors 6502

8. alexxn macrumors regular

9. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Seems as though it's available. Looks like a pretty good idea for flawless installation. I wonder how it works in real life though, and how the fit is.

10. paulmacbeth macrumors member

I'm happy with my ultimate shield glass protector. Only had it on a couple of days, but so far so good. My Orzly cracked at the bottom edge within a day and another crack where the edge overlaps another day later, seems to be a weakness.

Ultimate shield only covers the non curved area so you need to be precise with the fitting, but there should be no issues with any cases fitting.

11. Nipommu macrumors regular

im waiting for 2. one is from a company called IMOS that claims 'real' edge to edge glass protector is coming out in october...we'll see. and the other one is moshi's 'real' edge to edge one.

some company's claims of edge to edge are not really edge to edge...they're more rounded edges that doesn't really cover the curved glass.

12. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Put on the Verizon tempered glass on 2 iPhone 6. They are OK and the glass feels nice to the touch. The edge at the top has a slight gap but no real big deal. I was going to grab the ZAGG glass but for now I'm gonna keep my powder dry. Maybe by Xmas the manufacturers will figure a better way for the products.

13. Synomenon macrumors regular

14. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

$200 for 2 IMOS with fast shipping? I don't think so.

15. Jigga macrumors 6502

16. dealmaker macrumors regular

I ordered the Spigen ones from Amazon....having to send them back as they aren't even as wide as the screen!! :mad:

17. vince2398 macrumors newbie

18. RMSko macrumors 6502

I ordered it, but haven't gotten it yet, however, others have given it very good reviews. I presently have the Joto and it's very good, especially how much cheaper it is than the MIME and yet it has the exact same .15 thinness, however, I don't like the cutouts and so I'm giving the MIME a shot.

19. Stavrogin90 macrumors newbie

What about Tech21 or Moshi screen protectors?

20. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I just picked up the Zagg glass screen protector. So far I'm impressed. Extremely clear and doesn't pick up near as many smudges as the uncovered screen. Registered for the lifetime warranty.

21. johnny76 macrumors newbie

I put on the Mime Feather+ on my 6+ the other day. I like the how thin the glass is. Like most other SP's out there right now, glass or otherwise, it only covers the flat part of the screen but if put on right it looks great and at times can look like there is nothing on the screen at all.

22. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I have a Zagg on my 6 now...I like it, but wanted something to cover the ENTIRE glass. Has anyone tried the iLoome yet? I know there's an iLoome guy on here...does iLoome have a lifetime warranty?

23. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

With the curved screen, I just don't see it happening. The edges will start to come up if they extend the screen protector closer to the edge.

24. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

The iLoome has rounded edges...It purports to cover the entire screen with the same rounded edges.

25. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I got an iCarez tempered glass off Amazon for $10, just for it today so I have only had it on for a few hours but I love it. It just barely covers the screen to the curved edges. It feels nice to the touch and also is anti scratch anti oils too. It's super clear and feels like I don't have a cover on at all.