So what's the new monthly fee gonna be with ATT iPhone 4G plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netddos, Jun 4, 2010.

1. netddos macrumors regular

How much is gonna cost monthly with the new ATT's plan?

Say I'll have

Voice(minimum) + Text (minimum) + Data (2Gig)

And of course prolly under 2 year contract..

Thanks in advance..

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

How many minutes and how many text messages do you need?

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Well it won't be on 4G, so we can use the 3G network expenses. That said, you could price this out on your own on their site ... anyways:

Voice (Min: 450 Nationwide Minutes): $39.99
    Text (Min: No text plan): $0.00
    Data (2Gb): $25.00

Total monthly rate before taxes/fees: $64.99

4. netddos thread starter macrumors regular

So pricing on text and voice will stay as before?

It's just the data plan that's getting the change?

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes.

These are the texting options:

200 - $5
    1500 - $15
    Unlimited - $20

6. tuna macrumors 6502

I think AT&T might change some of their other service prices. T-Mobile and Sprint have both been lowering their prices while AT&T and Verizon have stood strong, but eventually one of them is going to break and the other will immediately follow.

There is an especially huge gap in prices between individual and family plans right now. Family plans are so much cheaper. For example, $30/month for unlimited text across up to 5 people on a family plan, versus $20/month for one person unlimited text. Obviously the idea of the family plan is that it would be somewhat cheaper, but individual plans are pretty exorbitant right now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if AT&T dropped individual text rates or something like that.

7. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Quick question, will you be able to get a discount on the new data plans like with the old one?

8. jtara macrumors 65816

Huh? What kind of discount?

If you mean FAN discounts (for employees of certain companies) that only applies to voice calling services anyway. It wouldn't apply to any data plan.

9. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Yea FAN discounts. My FAN applies to my data plan. Takes it from $30 to $25.50. So since i'm under the 2GB cap anyway i'm wondering if they'll let me discount that one like I do the unlimited one.

10. jtara macrumors 65816

Ah. I wasn't aware that some company's FAN discounts apply to data plans. :(

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

They technically already did (or will starting June 7th). AT&T and Verizon have also lowered their prices, but they were also always more expensive so the 'tiering' is the same. Plus, it's unarguable that AT&T and Verizon have 'better' networks, that command higher revenues.

Huh? We have a $30 unlimited text plan for our family iPhone plan.

Family plans have always been much cheaper than individual across the board, across all carriers. With AT&T's new plan, an individual iPhone plan starts at $54.99 ... which is pretty reasonable for a smartphone.