So whats the quickest way to get an iPhone 4 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeTheVike, Jun 26, 2010.

1. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

I'm not in a huge hurry, but I am pretty excited to get a new phone. You should see how ridiculously old and ******* my current phone is!

Stores around here are sold out, Apple's site says "Ships in 3 weeks". What's the quickest way to get a phone? Will Apple stores get regular shipments next week? What about AT&T stores, Best Buy? Anyone know what would be the quickest way for a person to get the phone?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

AT&T will have walk-ins on Tuesday, the 29th. So, you better get there early.

3. MikeTheVike thread starter macrumors regular

Aren't they still trying to fill pre-orders? Why would they get a shipment and not Apple? I'm not arguing, just curious.

4. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I just waited in line for about an hour today and got a 32gb from my local apple store.

If you are willing to wait, Apple store is probably the best bet as they will get shipments Monday through Saturday for the next few weeks. Beyond that 2nd best option is AT&T's 29th launch

5. MikeTheVike thread starter macrumors regular

Did you get there before they opened? I had a friend check the local Apple store around 11am and they were sold out, but I don't know if they had any that morning or if they were still sold out from the other day.

6. hardsc02 macrumors member

On Launch day I went to my local Wal-Mart. I get there around 6:30 a.m and two kids are already there sitting in camping chairs. They had been there since 11:00 the night before. I was told they had three iPhone 4's and I was third in line. So I waited there until 8 a.m. and they started the activation process for the first kid in line. When it was my turn they couldn't do it because I'm a Premier account holder. I wasn't really that surprised but still I thought there was a chance they could handle the account because I heard people on here saying "oh yeah, that's not an issue anymore, they can handle business accounts now." It just sucks because my only option available is to go through AT&T corporate. And iPhone 4 isn't even available online at all now. So I guess I have to wait until the corporate store has more in stock because I'm not going to get up early again on Tuesday to hope I get one.

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I just got my phone replaced at the Apple store in Oakbrook IL. Took all of 10 minutes. While I was there, several people were buying theirs. Don't know if these were late reserves or they have stock left, but seemed like drop ins to me.

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Went to my Apple store yesterday morning after being disappointed quite a few times Friday. Thursday night at 8:45PM, I called and asked if they had any reserves that hadn't been picked up, and would any stock be available Friday morning. I was told all reserves were gone, and the chance of stock Friday morning was very, very, very unlikely. So I got there Friday morning at 5, first in line, the line was about 50 people at 8am, and surprise! Everybody in line got the one they wanted. Basically, the point, you can try an Apple store at any given day next week, but be prepared not to get one, so that you're NOT disappointed, if you don't.

9. stphnman20 macrumors regular

No.. The 29th is just for walk-ins.. Get there early.....

10. Ganesha macrumors regular

Follow someone with one and wait for them to lose it at a bar. :D

11. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Lot of Apple stores still have some, but are dwindling. least here in Texas our Apple stores still selling them. Got mine yesterday, no line, no reserve but did ask me if already had an existing line and approved for a phone online.

12. MikeTheVike thread starter macrumors regular

I think I might try and get there around 6am, if it's too crazy I'll just head to work and wait until a later date. Woo! I'm excited.

13. Peabody macrumors regular

Oregon

For those that care:

1. All Apple Stores in Oregon are doing the "priority list" thing. I couldn't get a phone from any of the 3 today.
    2. AT&T Corporate Retail - all sticking to the "7AM Tuesday" routine. Don't think they even have the shipments yet.

...but...

I found one today at Activate Cellular - an AT&T Authorized Reseller (NOT Corporate Retail). The one I visited happened to get one in a 1PM shipment today (Saturday 6/26) and I found it first.

While there I found out that there are still some remaining at their location in Redmond, OR. I assume they'll be open for at least some time tomorrow (Sunday 6/27) if anyone in this state wants one before Tuesday.

And with that I say good luck!

14. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

god i wish my apple store was built, i'm so jealous of you guys that can walk right in and get one. fingers crossed i still get mine at att tuesday.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

The return line?

Kidding... But having just gone through 2 because of imaging issues - I felt it appropriate..